Age 67

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  14 
Page 4 of 21
Go to
Quote: Just look how much United donates to Democrats. You think that the party cares about the pilots more or the company giving them all the donations?
Unless you are a top tier donor, both political parties just pretend to care about what ever your cause is. They talk a good game, take your money, and do nothing.
Let Experienced Pilots Fly Act

Sponsors:
Lindsay Graham (R-SC)
Chip Roy (R-TX)

Cosponsors:
Clay Higgins (R-LA)
Dusty Johnson (R-SD)
Mary Miller (R-IL)
Adrian Smith (R-NE)
Lauren Boebert (R-CO)

well I’ll be. They’re ALL republicans. Hmm. I’m shocked!! Good thing the Dems control Congress, and the administration is against this. Safety first. 😉 watch and see how this plays out. And when it goes nowhere, you’ll realize why politics mater. 🤙🏼

BACK THE PAC!
Quote: Let Experienced Pilots Fly Act

Sponsors:
Lindsay Graham (R-SC)
Chip Roy (R-TX)

Cosponsors:
Clay Higgins (R-LA)
Dusty Johnson (R-SD)
Mary Miller (R-IL)
Adrian Smith (R-NE)
Lauren Boebert (R-CO)

well I’ll be. They’re ALL republicans. Hmm. I’m shocked!! Good thing the Dems control Congress, and the administration is against this. Safety first. 😉 watch and see how this plays out. And when it goes nowhere, you’ll realize why politics mater. 🤙🏼

BACK THE PAC!
Dude you need to study how ALPA sold us out on 65. Back the PAC is worthless. The vast majority of ALPA pilots opposed raising the age from 60 to 65. That meant zero to ALPA national. Zero.

All politicians act in their own self interest. 435 congressmen need flights to DC from their little towns. This ship has sailed. Save your money.
Quote: Dude you need to study how ALPA sold us out on 65. Back the PAC is worthless. The vast majority of ALPA pilots opposed raising the age from 60 to 65. That meant zero to ALPA national. Zero.

All politicians act in their own self interest. 435 congressmen need flights to DC from their little towns. This ship has sailed. Save your money.
I don’t need to study, “dude”. I was there. Different time and circumstance. Just watch and learn, youngster. And when this stalls, remember…I told you so.
Quote: Unless you are a top tier donor, both political parties just pretend to care about what ever your cause is. They talk a good game, take your money, and do nothing.
One party today doesn’t care about labor. The other is outwardly anti-labor. Most pilots are obtuse enough to believe they are not labor class, anyway. It’s not the makings for an effective system.
Quote: I don’t need to study, “dude”. I was there. Different time and circumstance. Just watch and learn, youngster. And when this stalls, remember…I told you so.
I'm listening. What makes this time different? What circumstances are different?
If anything, the pilot shortage is more acute today than it was 15 years ago.
It sounds like Scott Kirby isn't a fan of 67 either. If both sides of the table are amenable, what's the legal viability of putting an Age 65 limit into a TA?
Quote: I'm listening. What makes this time different? What circumstances are different?
If anything, the pilot shortage is more acute today than it was 15 years ago.
Pilot shortage? There was no Pilot shortage in 2007. ALPA members were out on furlough. Delta and United had terminated their pensions and the PBGC treats anything under 65 as early retirement. Throw in the fact that ICAO had already changed the retirement age to 65 and you had a certainty. So much so, ALPA changed their stance to get a seat at the table. This ain’t 2007. ALPA just restated their policy a few months ago.
It’s a good thing the Dems are in charge. Watch and see 😉
Quote: It sounds like Scott Kirby isn't a fan of 67 either. If both sides of the table are amenable, what's the legal viability of putting an Age 65 limit into a TA?
My guess would be that would be challenged in court as age discrimination.
Quote: Pilot shortage? There was no Pilot shortage in 2007. ALPA members were out on furlough. Delta and United had terminated their pensions and the PBGC treats anything under 65 as early retirement. Throw in the fact that ICAO had already changed the retirement age to 65 and you had a certainty. So much so, ALPA changed their stance to get a seat at the table. This ain’t 2007. ALPA just restated their policy a few months ago.
It’s a good thing the Dems are in charge. Watch and see 😉

Country turned to a dumpster fire in 2 years. There is no good thing about the dems being in charge. This policy or anything else,
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  14 
Page 4 of 21
Go to