Uniform survey

Subscribe
9  15  16  17  18  19  20 
Page 19 of 20
Go to
Quote: I was visiting a museum near Amsterdam today. They had pictures of these KLM guys from 1934.

I’m curious what ribbons/medals KLM was awarding for the first gent.

I’d guess they’re his WWI ribbons, but cool either way.
Quote: I’m curious what ribbons/medals KLM was awarding for the first gent.

I’d guess they’re his WWI ribbons, but cool either way.
Are you talking about his radioman’s symbol?
https://airandspace.si.edu/collectio...m_A19951563000
Quote: I was visiting a museum near Amsterdam today. They had pictures of these KLM guys from 1934.

I am assuming the second from the right is the Captain. His four stripes are hidden. How many newly minted pilots today can identify the origin of the three and four stripes? Here are one and two stripes. And to win the prize, what were their roles? Those over 65 are not eligible to play.
Quote: Are you talking about his radioman’s symbol?
https://airandspace.si.edu/collectio...m_A19951563000
No, was referencing the pic with the single 3 striper. The radioman badge is cool AF though, thanks!
Quote: Flight shirts are awesome. Got nice, feel comfortable and their customer service is great. They’re on sale for $30 right now.

https://flightuniform.com

I just received my first few. They fit great, but are super thin and my dry cleaners refuse to launder them due to material type. I don’t mind washing, ironing my own, but I still can’t get the packaging wrinkles out of them after a few washes.

I also have a few jetseams, but they wrinkle just looking at them. I commute in, and my shirt already looks like I’ve worn it for a 4 day. It’s a shame as they fit great.
Quote: I just received my first few. They fit great, but are super thin and my dry cleaners refuse to launder them due to material type. I don’t mind washing, ironing my own, but I still can’t get the packaging wrinkles out of them after a few washes.

I also have a few jetseams, but they wrinkle just looking at them. I commute in, and my shirt already looks like I’ve worn it for a 4 day. It’s a shame as they fit great.
Wash them, use starch to iron the wrinkles out, and then wash and dry them again and pull them out of the dryer as soon as they’re done and hang them. That should get the packaging wrinkles out. If not, wash them again and dry them for a few minutes, pull them out when they’re still damp and iron them immediately. That should help. The good news is we are in jacket wearing season so other than commuting, the public doesn’t see us without our blazer so the wrinkles don’t show in our appearance.
Quote: at this point I don’t care how it looks. I just want comfortable. The double breasted horse blanket sucks.
I have horses, and they have blankets. Don’t see the correlation.

Double breasted for me, thanks.
Quote: I have horses, and they have blankets. Don’t see the correlation.

Double breasted for me, thanks.
Same here. I don't get it either.
Anyone using a cut above pants? Care to give feedback on them?
Quote: Anyone using a cut above pants? Care to give feedback on them?
Like ‘em. Make sure you measure correctly and add a half inch to inseam/waist/length if you are ordering by tailor “custom” sizes. Caution: they are winter pants. For summer, go to kohls/ lands end for summer. Cut above shirts seem to fit by size in neck and normal version of their “taper” if you have shoulders.
9  15  16  17  18  19  20 
Page 19 of 20
Go to