Got the TBNT

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 7
Go to
Joachim,

Problem with that end of year thread is a lot of guys embellish their earnings and are the outliers, not the norm/average for pilot pay. E.g. I made 400K with 16 days off per month….No, you made 400K sitting reserve and not getting called then picking up time and a half on your days off…You really made $250K @ 16 days off then picked up another $150 in extra work and only truly had 3-4 days off per month. 2 Factors needed - 1. Need reserve that doesn’t call you out, or displaced for training 2. Need time and a half trips to be available. We are starting to see this make a return here. OTW we had other good deals here (conflict) for a long time. It was called Anchorage. Too bad the party’s over now…. If you’re senior on fleet its still a hayday here, you’ll see. Mid pack guys can beat the system to a limited extent it they work at it and have a bit of luck.
[QUOTE=Chancellor;3555058]Perspective. Currently living in SDF domicile and bid PM Reserve, barely ever work and haven’t flown overnights in months.[/QUOTE

What fleet? The other thread said that reserves were used frequently.
[QUOTE=Gilligan13;3557381]
Quote: Perspective. Currently living in SDF domicile and bid PM Reserve, barely ever work and haven’t flown overnights in months.[/QUOTE

Probably the 74. Not much goes on B reserve.
[QUOTE=Whalehunter;3557436]
Quote:
Probably the 74. Not much goes on B reserve.
I thought PM was prime time for UPS.
[QUOTE=Gilligan13;3558173]
Quote:
I thought PM was prime time for UPS.
Prime time is flying out of the next day sort. The afternoon sort is smaller and not as urgent (2 day). That said, there is usually greater reserve A coverage, which can result in a lower utilization rate.
[QUOTE=Gilligan13;3557381]
Quote: Perspective. Currently living in SDF domicile and bid PM Reserve, barely ever work and haven’t flown overnights in months.[/QUOTE

Airbus!
Quote: Your circadian rhythm just took a BIIIIG sigh of relief…….

Being a UPS guy for 26 yrs now, the schedules have gotten bad, very bad.
The two things going for us is OCV Vacation rules & A Plan.

Our B Plan stops once you make $305k.
( so, the 12% is more like 8-9% )
We need a cash over cap like UAL.

UPS is on track with other widebody LCC pay,.

Guys shouldn’t be cheerleading for UPS considering we are in negotiations.
What low cost carrier, narrow or wide body, approaches 350 an hour or our w2 figures for their pilot group?

That said, I hate seeing people come here just for the pay. It's a difficult place to work on many levels.
Quote: What low cost carrier, narrow or wide body, approaches 350 an hour or our w2 figures for their pilot group?

That said, I hate seeing people come here just for the pay. It's a difficult place to work on many levels.

A low cost carrier, probably not as high W2 as UPS.
But a widebody Legacy carriers, easily.

Money isn’t everything.
It buys cool stuff, but a 30 yr career is a long time.
Corporate America can be cruel, they’re here for their shareholders not us minions.

Again, my comment was more about QOL & how the schedules have gotten worse……
Here's what you said, "UPS is on track with other widebody LCC pay". I'm not even sure what a wide body lcc is. Eastern?

I mostly agree with the rest.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 7
Go to