March new hire class

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 4 of 5
Go to
Any word on March class size?
We have some 75’s that were manufactured in the 86 time frame and most the PW’s are getting really tired. I would say 5 years most of those will be gone.
Quote: Any word on March class size?
There isn’t a March class. The next class will probably be in June. Nothing has been confirmed yet though.
Quote: There isn’t a March class. The next class will probably be in June. Nothing has been confirmed yet though.
Why do you think there is an indication for June (Anticipated bid, enough retirement vacancies, fiscal quarter, economic crystal ball, etc)?
Quote: Why do you think there is an indication for June (Anticipated bid, enough retirement vacancies, fiscal quarter, economic crystal ball, etc)?
That’s the latest word from the chief pilots and training department.
Quote: That’s the latest word from the chief pilots and training department.
Ha! Let’s hope they actually have insight for once. My opinion (which is worth what you paid for it) is that Atlanta is keeping a tight leash on its airline cost center right now. Judging from how little I’ve worked, we don’t need anymore bodies at the moment. Prognostication of future needs is difficult for me and dangerous for them.
Unconfirmed sources now saying no classes rest of 2023.
Quote: Unconfirmed sources now saying no classes rest of 2023.
Ugh...being near the rock bottom of the seniority list, I hope you're wrong.
Quote: Ugh...being near the rock bottom of the seniority list, I hope you're wrong.
I wouldn’t conclude that any truly firm decision has been made until the year is over. Atlanta will continue to strangle hiring while business remains slow. If it picks up we will likely reopen the floodgates. It’s not the reassuring pictures of several dozen new hires each month that you would like, but I doubt you will be on the bottom very long.
Quote: Unconfirmed sources now saying no classes rest of 2023.
Unsubstantiated rumor that the unconfirmed sources had a reading comprehension error.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 4 of 5
Go to