TA passed. Onward to JBCA

Subscribe
5  6  7  8  9  10 
Page 9 of 10
Go to
Quote: I will say I’m not a fan of the blended sick/PTO system that you all have. Had it at a previous airline, didn’t like it then vs. a separate sick & vacation bank. Wouldn’t want it in a JCBA either….
You misunderstood. PTO at JB is for sick and PTO, not vacation. Vacation is indeed a separate bank. Although you can use PTO to buy additional weeks of vacation.

As for vacation, it is my opinion that we are about a week short on yearly vacation in each longevity band, but we get paid 35 hours per each week of vacation, which means in a month you have vacation you have about two days less flying to complete your line vs someone at another airline in a vacation month.

Of course I'd like to see more PTO accrual, another week of vacation per longevity block, and keep the 35 hours per week. And PROFIT SHARING.
Quote: The problem is 6 hours month is sick AND PTO. Not enough.
PTO = sick + vacation. Not PTO = sick + PTO.

PTO is Paid Time Off

Am I stating it correctly?
Quote: PTO = sick + vacation. Not PTO = sick + PTO.

PTO is Paid Time Off

Am I stating it correctly?
PTO is paid time off. Can utilize for sick (if you don't want unpaid sick) or dropping trips. We also get V-PTO for our yearly vacation that is accrued separately from PTO each month.
Quote: You misunderstood. PTO at JB is for sick and PTO, not vacation. Vacation is indeed a separate bank. Although you can use PTO to buy additional weeks of vacation.

As for vacation, it is my opinion that we are about a week short on yearly vacation in each longevity band, but we get paid 35 hours per each week of vacation, which means in a month you have vacation you have about two days less flying to complete your line vs someone at another airline in a vacation month.

Of course I'd like to see more PTO accrual, another week of vacation per longevity block, and keep the 35 hours per week. And PROFIT SHARING.
Thank you for clarifying. I did indeed misunderstand your PTO system. As long as sick and vacation are separate, I’m cool with it…. 🤙
Quote: I may be in the minority, but I prefer the PTO bank for everything instead of separate PTO/sick/vacation. As it stands today I’m “forced” to take 3 weeks of vacation, and I can hold Jan-Mar and Sept/Oct type of stuff. I’d rather just take it as PTO to use for drops/sick or save it for down the road when I can hopefully buy better vacations with it. The big problem with our PTO system is the accrual rate, which needs to be much higher than it is today.

Edit: stanherman beat me to it, see previous post.

this. That’s why flyby should be MEC chair
Quote: this. That’s why flyby should be MEC chair
🤣 🤮 I’d rather be based in SDQ
Quote: Thank you for clarifying. I did indeed misunderstand your PTO system. As long as sick and vacation are separate, I’m cool with it…. 🤙
Yet, more allocation of PTO and V-PTO is needed.

​​​​​
Quote: 🤣 🤮 I’d rather be based in SDQ

we can make that happen. With your ALPA pay we can get you a nice place.
Quote: we can make that happen. With your ALPA pay we can get you a nice place.
Our quarterly MEC meeting will happen at the Adrian Tropical restaurant. Good luck playing Frogger to get across the street. Bring $5 to pay-off the pushy locals trying to shake you down for money.
Quote: Yet, more allocation of PTO and V-PTO is needed.

​​​​​
No argument from me on that part….
5  6  7  8  9  10 
Page 9 of 10
Go to