APA QRG

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 5 of 6
Go to
Quote: 18 months take it or leave it.
Optimistic. By a lot, I bet.

3 years.

Take a look at United and Southwest. Still slugging it out. And to get really depressed, Spirit admitted that with doing a quick pay raise hasn't stemmed attrition like they hoped. Im sure Indigo looked at that....
You would think they would want to grow and keep people on the fence here .. 🤓🤷🏼‍♀️
Quote: You would think they would want to grow and keep people on the fence here .. 🤓🤷🏼‍♀️
They don’t think that attrition and retention are a problem. They genuinely think that they will be able to hire CFIs thru pipeline programs to staff this place. I don’t know why anyone here thinks that management in any way wants a contract anytime soon. There is literally zero evidence to support that conclusion.
Quote: It would be a great data point to learn who/which CEO, in airline or transportation history, agreed to an "early" new contract or whatever the legal term is.

there is zero business sense to pay guys higher wages early.
what stands out here, is they don’t even pretend to want to negotiate. They will be seeking concessions when no other airline is. They did it last time and they will do it again. United got a bump because of their Covid LOA, JetBlue got interim rate increases a few years back. American got 8% increases a ways back and instituted profit sharing without it being in the contract.

during that same time period frontier was arguing that it couldn’t pay LOA 67 increases due to Brexit and gave 44 pilots a carpet dance for sick calls. They are not the same and pilots that stick around here in hopes we will be in line with the rest of the industry in a year are kidding themselves. Buckle up.
Quote: 18 months take it or leave it.
I hope I'm wrong, but I'd say 36 months minimum.
Quote: They don’t think that attrition and retention are a problem. They genuinely think that they will be able to hire CFIs thru pipeline programs to staff this place. I don’t know why anyone here thinks that management in any way wants a contract anytime soon. There is literally zero evidence to support that conclusion.
They cant do that though... Everyone who is coming here is leaving within a year or so.

Doing this is how you run into the regional issue where you force upgrades and can't staff at all. Right now the only reason there is no open time FO side, is because people are flying everything they can pick up in order to get as much airbus time for their applications.
Quote: They cant do that though... Everyone who is coming here is leaving within a year or so.

Doing this is how you run into the regional issue where you force upgrades and can't staff at all. Right now the only reason there is no open time FO side, is because people are flying everything they can pick up in order to get as much airbus time for their applications.
350-700hrs at Frontier and attend a Job fair or two is all it’s taking to get an interview at the legacies at the moment.
Quote: Optimistic. By a lot, I bet.

3 years.

Take a look at United and Southwest. Still slugging it out. And to get really depressed, Spirit admitted that with doing a quick pay raise hasn't stemmed attrition like they hoped. Im sure Indigo looked at that....
5 yrs minimum then a crap deal just like the current one
According to the Spirit forum their attrition is 54 average per month. That's with their "new" contract. F9 Management has got to be seeing that thinking there's no point in rushing a new and improved contract.
Quote: According to the Spirit forum their attrition is 54 average per month. That's with their "new" contract. F9 Management has got to be seeing that thinking there's no point in rushing a new and improved contract.
In all fairness spirits contract is no where near what everyone else is getting.
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 5 of 6
Go to