Facial Hair Accomodations

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 12
Go to
Anyone know if Delta has approved facial hair accommodations on an individual basis for pilots with medical conditions?

Please spare me your opinions on the matter. Just want to know if you know of it happening. Feel free to PM me.
Quote: Anyone know if Delta has approved facial hair accommodations on an individual basis for pilots with medical conditions?

Please spare me your opinions on the matter. Just want to know if you know of it happening. Feel free to PM me.
I love how you ask for help and then give a great statement asking us to spare you of our opinions. Welcome to a board full of opinions, I’m sure you’ll find exactly what you want here.
Quote: Anyone know if Delta has approved facial hair accommodations on an individual basis for pilots with medical conditions?

Quick search of the manuals doesn't show anything other than you gotta be shaven for performing your duties and training. Wouldn't be a bad idea to ask the pilot recruiting team Facebook group.
Quote: Quick search of the manuals doesn't show anything other than you gotta be shaven for performing your duties and training. Wouldn't be a bad idea to ask the pilot recruiting team Facebook group.
Thank you. I know the manual doesn't allow for it. I was curious to know if people got approved on a case by case basis.
Quote: I love how you ask for help and then give a great statement asking us to spare you of our opinions. Welcome to a board full of opinions, I’m sure you’ll find exactly what you want here.
Couldn't help yourself. Thanks...
Quote: Couldn't help yourself. Thanks...
Neither could you.
Quote: Neither could you.
I mean, he specifically asked for an answer from a manual. That isn't an opinion.

It's no different than asking if Delta is authorized for CAT 3 approaches and then asked you not to share your opinion on if they should be authorized

The current FOM which is a FAA document requires pilots be clean shaven. Having dealt with a request for an accommodation from a FOM item I can tell you it’s a long difficult process. Expect a year minimum.
As someone with a medical background not sure I’ve ever heard of a medical condition that would prevent anyone from being clean shaven. Plenty of diseases that prevent people from having hair not that I know of that forces someone to have it.
Quote: As someone with a medical background not sure I’ve ever heard of a medical condition that would prevent anyone from being clean shaven. Plenty of diseases that prevent people from having hair not that I know of that forces someone to have it.
Air Force shaving waiver comes to mind for African Americans.
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 12
Go to