Union elections

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 7
Go to
Quote: Im surprised folks have that much time to waste with nonsense
Im not sure if anyone noticed but one of the candidates changed their profile picture on the B&G to the uniform blazer and tie, yearbook type photo. This was done right at the beginning of the “campaigning”. Whenever I see things like that, it just screams “time to go into politician mode”. No thanks.
Quote: Im not sure if anyone noticed but one of the candidates changed their profile picture on the B&G to the uniform blazer and tie, yearbook type photo. This was done right at the beginning of the “campaigning”. Whenever I see things like that, it just screams “time to go into politician mode”. No thanks.
Yearbook picture? More like, "I just ate your catering, what you going to do about it?"
Quote: Im not sure if anyone noticed but one of the candidates changed their profile picture on the B&G to the uniform blazer and tie, yearbook type photo. This was done right at the beginning of the “campaigning”. Whenever I see things like that, it just screams “time to go into politician mode”. No thanks.
Nice critical thinking! One is completely full of schitt, the other doesn’t have much of a clue about our contract or how unions work, but the one who dressed for the part is the problem….?
Quote: Nice critical thinking! One is completely full of schitt, the other doesn’t have much of a clue about our contract or how unions work, but the one who dressed for the part is the problem….?
exactly! It’s ridiculous to think there’s even a question of who is best for the job. One is a nutjob. One has potential but no experience. The other has been through hell in his career here and instead of being bitter, he rolled up his sleeves and volunteered at every chance. He’s 100% got the pilot groups best interest at heart. Sometimes folks just wanna make up problems that don’t exist.
Wow, you just changed my mind on who to vote for, Not.
I guess I just don't buy the "potential but not enough experience" talking point. In the military, you get thrown into a staff job from school or a flying assignment, often (as in my case) after the person you are replacing already departed the fix. One day you are flying, and a month later you are briefing the under-secretary of defense. You dive in and you learn the job - success or failure had more to do with work ethic and character than job experience. Maybe the experience that matters most is the experience of accomplishing difficult tasks, solving difficult problems, and achieving difficult goals.
Quote: I guess I just don't buy the "potential but not enough experience" talking point. In the military, you get thrown into a staff job from school or a flying assignment, often (as in my case) after the person you are replacing already departed the fix. One day you are flying, and a month later you are briefing the under-secretary of defense. You dive in and you learn the job - success or failure had more to do with work ethic and character than job experience. Maybe the experience that matters most is the experience of accomplishing difficult tasks, solving difficult problems, and achieving difficult goals.
I have seen this many times...major reason for leaving the military... and truly hope for better at our union.
VOTE....VOTE....VOTE
Quote: I guess I just don't buy the "potential but not enough experience" talking point. In the military, you get thrown into a staff job from school or a flying assignment, often (as in my case) after the person you are replacing already departed the fix. One day you are flying, and a month later you are briefing the under-secretary of defense. You dive in and you learn the job - success or failure had more to do with work ethic and character than job experience. Maybe the experience that matters most is the experience of accomplishing difficult tasks, solving difficult problems, and achieving difficult goals.
Getting matriculated here pretty much means you’re a high achiever and have a solid resume. I’d wager most of the pilots in this group have the attributes you list above. Those attributes are not what matters most but are, in fact, the bare minimum set of requisites for the job. DB has all that AND tons of relevant union experience. Only argument for the others is a vote against the status quo, not for the other candidates themselves.
I just don’t care for politician types who change their appearance and answers based on the crowd or situation. KS strikes me as a genuine individual who would do a great job if given the chance. And I really don’t care about the signal group b.s. That’s old news. Vote your conscious, but definitely vote.
Quote: I just don’t care for politician types who change their appearance and answers based on the crowd or situation. KS strikes me as a genuine individual who would do a great job if given the chance. And I really don’t care about the signal group b.s. That’s old news. Vote your conscious, but definitely vote.
DB’s experience speaks for itself.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 7
Go to