Comair updates?

Subscribe
603  1103  1503  1553  1593  1599  1600  1601  1602  1603  1604  1605  1606  1607  1613  1653  1703  2103 
Page 1603 of 2260
Go to
FWIW, Air Wisconsin is now accepting pilot resumes for potential hiring in early spring 2010. They still got a few guys on furlough, so we will see...

Air Wisconsin Airlines Corporation
Quote: I unfortunately think this is all in response to higher than expected attrition and the possible demise of Mesa as a Delta carrier. If Mesa goes under and Delta wants those 22 airframes covered, Comair will be the ones to cover those temporarily(Since these flights have already been booked in advance.) I can see this recall going the way of all the late 07 new hires. Lets hire just in case we get some flying that's not set in stone. Before you know it, Delta changes their mind and we furlough another 200!

Word! Don't forget who your dealing with, Delta/Comair. Excitement or hope are not two emotions I'd associate with any news coming from them.
ECD is the Effective Conversion Date. This is the date that all training and transfers for this particular bid are expected to be complete.

Thank you
Rumor is Freedom is going to switch to just being Mesa, and during the transition to all CRJs, Comair is going to have to cover for Mesa for a few months.
Quote: Rumor is Freedom is going to switch to just being Mesa, and during the transition to all CRJs, Comair is going to have to cover for Mesa for a few months.
I've heard that rumor too. My question is, why would they do that? What would the possible benefit be? They would have increased training costs, changing of manuals, and airplanes that no one wants to buy
well actually think of the cost benefits on having a single fleet. Throw in the fact that all of thier pilots fly all three types 200/700/900. The savings in scheduling and maint could be fairly extensive.

The training cost are a wash, the furloughs will mean thier entire company will be in training anyways.

I dont know what the market for a 121 certificate is? Maybe republic wants another one? Compass paid something like 1 million for the ACA cetrificate.
Quote: Rumor is Freedom is going to switch to just being Mesa, and during the transition to all CRJs, Comair is going to have to cover for Mesa for a few months.
Wouldn't that void the Freedom contract, and allow Delta to remove them from the DCI flying? I do not know what the contract state as the company that will be doing the flying ie freedom or mesa?

Well I am hoping for some good news. Maybe that will bring back everybody that want's to come back (including me).
Does anyone know what kind of training they will put us through if/when we get recalled??
Well crack open a beer .. and let's give 'em a listen.
Bored and listening to the call. Something that might be of interest, 43 recall letters were sent out instead of the 23 originally thought. 23 voluntary letters, and 20 involuntaries.
Quote: Does anyone know what kind of training they will put us through if/when we get recalled??
Well crack open a beer .. and let's give 'em a listen.
After 3 months you have to go through the full training program.
603  1103  1503  1553  1593  1599  1600  1601  1602  1603  1604  1605  1606  1607  1613  1653  1703  2103 
Page 1603 of 2260
Go to