Comair updates?

Subscribe
1259  1759  2159  2209  2249  2255  2256  2257  2258  2259  2260 
Page 2259 of 2260
Go to
Still more post and views than any other thread!
Quote: Almost two years since the last post. Sounds like some of the guys have moved on.
Not me.

So, how have you guys been doing?
Quote: Not me.

So, how have you guys been doing?
I’m actually wearing my “It’s a Comair thing” tshirt today.

Doing well! Been flying the 135 side of life for 6 years now and haven’t really looked back.
Quote: I’m actually wearing my “It’s a Comair thing” tshirt today.

Doing well! Been flying the 135 side of life for 6 years now and haven’t really looked back.
Ha! Nice. I'm wearing one of the black sweaters with the Comair logo on it. I snagged it in ops on the last day.
I'm having fun; still doing 121. I'm enjoying the fact management is desperately trying to retain pilots and ALPA is standing on the sidelines watching management throw huge sums of money (far above their contract limits) to attract new hire pilots. Hillarious. They should have listened to us back in the 1990s when we said, MORE MONEY! But now I'm hearing management and their ALPA todies are running to the government wanting to increase the mandatory retirement age to 67. I say bull$hit on that.
Quote: I But now I'm hearing management and their ALPA todies are running to the government wanting to increase the mandatory retirement age to 67. I say bull$hit on that.
Could happen, precedent has been set...

https://japantoday.com/category/nati...-with-shortage

Problem with that though is ICAO limit is still 65 (unless they get THAT changed too). So for most of the legacies, they'd have to shuffle senior pilots off WB's down to NB's. Then they'd have to work schedules to avoid Canada and Latin America, unless USG can do some kind of drug deal with them.

How many 65 y/o WB CA's really want to take a paycut and fly domestic scheds? Many would just retire.

But for the NB-only airlines, it would probably help... senior guys already accustomed to the schedules might keep going for two more years.
You know what is a bigger pay cut? Retirement. I bet at least half of age 65 guys would stay for another year or 2 if they could
Quote: You know what is a bigger pay cut? Retirement.
But you don't have to go to work...

Quote: I bet at least half of age 65 guys would stay for another year or 2 if they could
I think you're right, and I said as much... if they can stay in their seat, keep their schedules, not have to re-train on a new plane, etc. People that age don't like disruption and change.
Quote: Could happen, precedent has been set...

https://japantoday.com/category/nati...-with-shortage

Problem with that though is ICAO limit is still 65 (unless they get THAT changed too). So for most of the legacies, they'd have to shuffle senior pilots off WB's down to NB's. Then they'd have to work schedules to avoid Canada and Latin America, unless USG can do some kind of drug deal with them.

How many 65 y/o WB CA's really want to take a paycut and fly domestic scheds? Many would just retire.

But for the NB-only airlines, it would probably help... senior guys already accustomed to the schedules might keep going for two more years.
Would theoretically abrogate seniority too. Imagine you had a 66 year old hired at 55 and a 35 year old hired the year prior to the 66 year old. Would the now 45 year old have to give up potentially desired domestic trips because the 66 year old isn’t allowed to go international?
Quote: Would theoretically abrogate seniority too. Imagine you had a 66 year old hired at 55 and a 35 year old hired the year prior to the 66 year old. Would the now 45 year old have to give up potentially desired domestic trips because the 66 year old isn’t allowed to go international?
Presumably it would go by seniority... the 66 y/o would get displaced, creating a vacancy which somebody would most likely bid for. If not, junior assignment would occur.

But in reality, widebodies usually go senior, especially CA slots so there should be plenty of volunteers.
1259  1759  2159  2209  2249  2255  2256  2257  2258  2259  2260 
Page 2259 of 2260
Go to