Ameriflight

Subscribe
36  86  126  132  133  134  135  136  137  138  139  140  146  186  236 
Page 136 of 567
Go to
Quote: Awesome, thanks for that. What does it mean when "expediter" is listed as the aircraft type ?
It's model variant of the Metroliner. Usually a "heavy" Metro with a MGTOW of 16,000 lbs. instead of the standard 14,500 lbs.
Quote: Is there any open slots for SAC or MHR for any equipment available. Will be in the Sept 10th class
Nope, we only have one (1) 99 in MHR right now. Maybe two.
Does anyone have any info on the type of schedules AMF flies our of OAK on the BE99?

Thanks
Quote: Does anyone have any info on the type of schedules AMF flies our of OAK on the BE99?

Thanks
Ameriflight Daily Schedule

Here's the link to our posted schedule. Just look for the ones that originate out of OAK or MHR.
Are there reserves on all runs? Reserve on this type of operation confuses me a little. How does it work?
Quote:
Here's the link to our posted schedule. Just look for the ones that originate out of OAK or MHR.
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Quote: Are there reserves on all runs? Reserve on this type of operation confuses me a little. How does it work?
Great question. It looks like one airplane out of MHR. Do they also have a reserve for something like that?
Quote: Are there reserves on all runs? Reserve on this type of operation confuses me a little. How does it work?
Show up at a designated time. Preflight a plane. Sit around. If someone calls it sick, you fly. If they have a special come up, you fly. If a plane breaks, you fly. If not, you go home. When I was based in OAK, I would show at 4:45, preflight a plane, go sleep upstairs until noon or so, then call it a day.
Quote: Show up at a designated time. Preflight a plane. Sit around. If someone calls it sick, you fly. If they have a special come up, you fly. If a plane breaks, you fly. If not, you go home. When I was based in OAK, I would show at 4:45, preflight a plane, go sleep upstairs until noon or so, then call it a day.
This is pretty standard. Unlike a reserve at a 121 airline where you are mostly a crew reserve. At AMF you are a crew and aircraft reserve.

There is an AM and PM reserve. Reserve is normally 12 hours, but most guys don't go beyond 8 hours.

The AM reserve can, at times, be out the entire day if a pilot calls out sick, then you fly their line that day. The PM reserve usually has a better chance of not being out all day since you are normally covering the PM flights. Charters/specials are always a possible as well. Those can be interesting. I was doing PM reserve one night in BUR and almost getting ready to be released by dispatch when they called and said they had a special to San Antonio, TX (KSAT). Being it was a 99, it made for a long night/morning.
Quote: Nope, we only have one (1) 99 in MHR right now. Maybe two.
I was hoping to be out-stationed in MHR or SAC or SMF so I could save alot of money on rent because I live out here. But, I will take PDX since I always wanted to live there.
36  86  126  132  133  134  135  136  137  138  139  140  146  186  236 
Page 136 of 567
Go to