Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 08:43 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: 'Bus Driver Right Seat

Originally Posted by hurricanechaser View Post
I was wondering if anyone can PM me the details about their Ameriflight Interview. Whether it was in the past or recently, any help would be appreciated. I will be interviewing soon.
There are plenty of gouges out there. Be yourself and give the interviewer an honest impression of yourself and why you want to work at AMF.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:35 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2012

Originally Posted by freightdog View Post
Can you PM me with the details about what happened (date, time, from-to, flt #)? I can forward the incident to our Flight Dept. If there wasn't an weight issue with the flight, the dispatcher should have let your buddy on.
Thanks for the offer. It wasn't me so I don't have the information. And if I did I think it is best to always go through the appropriate channels to resolve these issues. Thanks for your concerns.

According to the person involved it was strictly a time issue that was told to him. The dispatcher told him he needed to list at least 24 hours in advance. Which seemed excessive to us considering SWA is the only carrier that will reciprocate the jumpseat.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:42 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by cfouriv View Post
We can jumseat on Southwest and you typically call before you show to list yourself on the flight then check in with the gate agent to list for the jumpseat.
You must do this to get pass security and the TSA. You must show some sort of documentation. Once you are in you go to the gate and sign up so more than one hour in advance.

Since Ameriflight is CASS approved you may be able to fly or jumpseat on other airlines, but it depends on the airline and if the captain is willing to accept you
This has tightened up considerably after 9/11. It is safe to assume you will not get a jumpseat if you are not on the list.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:50 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Too bad this guy had a bad experience. Although it doesn't happen every day, SWA pilots DO jump on AMF -- many of them former AMF pilots
Since 9/11 I have not heard of one person jumpseating on AMF out of my base. Just one guy trying and getting denied. Your schedule is not conducive to ours for commuting. I have had a few AMF jumpseat on us the past few months. Great guys but one. Too big an ego for my liking. And tried to act like he knew our job as well as we did. Every airline has a tool or two.

SWA has been pleasant and generous with AMF jumpseaters, but they, too, sometimes have to bump someone.
Very very rare. And only on the 300. And we would have to be going out of a hot ABQ or LAS or with an unusually distant alternate and tankering fuel or something where the stars all aligned.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:24 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: 'Bus Driver Right Seat

We have quite a few j/s with us up to OAK all the time from BUR and back. I know one CA who lived down here in SoCal and would j/s with us up on Monday morning because we got in @0500 and he was able to go head right to the terminal and start his day without needing to spend the previous night in the hotel. Also, a lot j/s home after their trip sequence because we fly in he middle of the night they get home 8-10 earlier than they would have. This is at least how it is on the west coast where we fly to more SWA bases: OAK, PHX, LAS.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:10 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2012
Position: Left Seat

Does anyone have an idea of what the interview is like in MIA? Tech and Sim? I see a ton of gouges for BUR and PHX for the sim, but none for MIA. Thanks!
Old 08-20-2012, 06:41 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: blueJet

Hey guys,

It looks like Ameriflight will be attending Comair's "going out of business" job fair in CVG next week. Does anyone know if they will be looking for pilots, or will they be interviewing for ground crews to support the CVG operations?
Old 08-20-2012, 08:25 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Position: PNF

Is OMA still junior? I'm looking for long term stay there.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:49 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2012
Position: Beach Chair

Originally Posted by SittingOnHands View Post
Does anyone have an idea of what the interview is like in MIA? Tech and Sim? I see a ton of gouges for BUR and PHX for the sim, but none for MIA. Thanks!
I don't think they hire directly into the Miami base. It's pretty senior, is it not ?
Old 08-21-2012, 09:17 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2010
Position: B-737

Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Hey guys,

It looks like Ameriflight will be attending Comair's "going out of business" job fair in CVG next week. Does anyone know if they will be looking for pilots, or will they be interviewing for ground crews to support the CVG operations?
Looking for pilots, we dont have ground crew in CVG.