Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 08:12 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: 'Bus Driver Right Seat

Originally Posted by jonnyjetprop View Post
There was a Navajo Chieftain operational question on Piperforums.com and I was hoping that some AMF guys could answer. How do you currently operate your engines? MP, RPM, FF? LOP or ROP? Did AMF install engine monitors?

Thanks in advance.
When I was flying the Chieftain we were flying around at 75 lean of peak. Which yielded around 10gph. After I went onto the 99 and Metro they changed it to 75 rich of peak. I think the cause had to do with them finding cylinder head damage. 20 gph for 75ROP sounds about right.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:44 PM
DJ

Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: 737 FO

Originally Posted by polymox View Post
If I remember right cruise is 26", 2300, 75° ROP not to exceed 1525° (or was it 1575°?), I think FF was high 20s per side.

Calling this economy cruise would be optimistic, another local operator used higher power settings and moved about 30 kts faster. I wouldn't mess around in ice with those low settings, either.
Not to exceed 1475
Old 07-27-2012, 12:03 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2008

Please see the following post...
Old 07-27-2012, 12:19 PM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by TMoney View Post
Be wary!!! I had a standing bid to transfer to SLC while OMA based. Guys less senior to me were being awarded SLC while I was left high and dry in OMA. The company does what it wants and doesn't respect standing bids or seniority. Get some good single pilot IFR time then get out. Life on the outside is sweeeeeeet!!
As I recall, you didn't have your 1200 hours when you were awarded OMA, but received the bid award because those of us in management helped you out. When you wanted to go to DFW you received the transfer with out any difficulty. SLC took a little more time because you were helping the company out by acting as ACP in BUF while we opened the base, which we were very appreciative of. When you did go to SLC you were given an early 1900 type rating (outside of your seniority) as a thank you. Please don't forget that the "Company" is made up of people, most of whom are your friends and that when you bash the "Company" it's really your friends whom you are trashing on...
Old 07-27-2012, 02:39 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2012

Can any OAK or PDX pilots comment on the living situation? I'm noticing its pricey for apartments near OAK. Are people generally going in on multi bedroom places or what? And which is better between the 2? Looking at trying for an interview but not sure if it will work out looking at the prices and the first year pay.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:15 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: 717 Sidekick

Originally Posted by BTPM View Post
As I recall, you didn't have your 1200 hours when you were awarded OMA, but received the bid award because those of us in management helped you out. When you wanted to go to DFW you received the transfer with out any difficulty. SLC took a little more time because you were helping the company out by acting as ACP in BUF while we opened the base, which we were very appreciative of. When you did go to SLC you were given an early 1900 type rating (outside of your seniority) as a thank you. Please don't forget that the "Company" is made up of people, most of whom are your friends and that when you bash the "Company" it's really your friends whom you are trashing on...
Cool the jets there whoever you are. I NEVER pointed a finger to any individual. I don't know why certain decisions regarding my amflight career were made or who made them. I really don't care. It's beside the point. I just wanted to shed light on what happened to me in OMA because, whether compensated for down the road or not, I feel it shouldn't have happened. I was trying to keep most of the details under wraps but now that you have made my entire amflight career public info you have just proved my point. I just hope no one else has to go through all that I did. I really do appreciate all the help I was granted but I would give up all the promotions I was granted ahead of others to have just been based where I wanted to be and where my seniority should have taken me. I never asked for special treatment. Just to be based somewhere I desired when my seniority would allow me to hold it.

I don't hold any grudge against anyone nor am I trying to make enemies with anyone. Just putting in my 2 cents on an open forum. I think that's fair. I think amflight is a great place for pilots to go become better pilots and I urge anyone to go there. I wouldn't be the pilot I am now without those 3.5 years and am grateful for it. Sorry to have offended you.
T
Old 07-30-2012, 08:03 AM
Permanent Weekends Off

Pardon me for asking a question that may have been previously covered in this thread but, is it possible to get BFI out of training? I am a current 121 guy who has been in the CRJ for 5 years and am very much interested in persuing a job with Ameriflight, if I can get to BFI or close to home. PM me if you want more details and I would love a few pointers if you care to give them. Thanks everyone!
Old 07-30-2012, 08:50 AM
Line Holder

Position: goin somewhere....

Originally Posted by OnMyWay View Post
Pardon me for asking a question that may have been previously covered in this thread but, is it possible to get BFI out of training? I am a current 121 guy who has been in the CRJ for 5 years and am very much interested in persuing a job with Ameriflight, if I can get to BFI or close to home. PM me if you want more details and I would love a few pointers if you care to give them. Thanks everyone!

BFI defiantly won’t be possible out of training. Your best bet would be Portland. You can try and move up to BFI later but no idea on time frame.
PM if you would like
Old 07-31-2012, 07:28 AM
Permanent Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Earl81 View Post
BFI defiantly won’t be possible out of training. Your best bet would be Portland. You can try and move up to BFI later but no idea on time frame.
PM if you would like
PDX would work too! Thanks for the info and I'll PM you when I get all my questions in order.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:45 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: Fixed wing, left

Originally Posted by TMoney View Post
T
Double rainbow.... alll the way!