Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 03:11 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by own nav View Post
Vacation time increases with tenure. After your first year, you'll accrue 2 weeks per year, then after 5 years, 3 weeks per year.
Originally Posted by polymox View Post
Two weeks year 1-5, three weeks years 5-10. It goes up to four weeks at some point when you become a lifer.
Many conflicting numbers bouncing around. Your first year you accrue 1 week (40 hours) vacation time. 2nd to 5th yr you accrue 2 weeks. 6th to 25th year it's 3 weeks. If you hang around long enough to reach 25 years, it's 4 weeks after that. The total you can accrue before capping out goes up at the same break points -- 2 to 5, 160 hour; 6 to 25, 200 hours; over 25, 240 hours.

Originally Posted by Planewatcher View Post
There has been an Open 99 slot in Texas for a while now.
There is a guy going to the July indoc class to cover this one. If he doesn't make it through training......

But the point is that occasionally there is hiring to bigger planes if no one wants to take the run. In this case, the outstation is about 3 hours from from the closest airline access. Apparently nobody is interested in getting turbine PIC time if they can't jump home every weekend.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:27 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: goin somewhere....

Used to be you were an "Amerilifer" after 5 years. Is it 10 now?
I sure hope its 10 years!!
Old 06-20-2012, 11:51 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2007
Position: single pilot cargo, turboprop

Originally Posted by freightdog View Post
With the down economy a lot of us are still around here. I'm in the low 40's and only three from the first page. I never thought I'd get my 5-year pin, but I did. There's a number of us with over 3-5 years seniority.
Perhaps that's the new definition, the imfamous front page of the seniority list! Better get to Allegiant while you still can.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:22 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: 'Bus Driver Right Seat

Perhaps that's the new definition, the imfamous front page of the seniority list! Better get to Allegiant while you still can.
I will when they decide to run a class. My arms are getting tired from treading water in the pool.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:33 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2012
Position: Assistant Chief Instructor

There has been an Open 99 slot in Texas for a while now.
I live in Texas and have been flying my butt off towards those 135 mins. I have also been keeping up with ameriflight for the last couple of months because this is the company I really want to fly for after getting my time. I know that they like to start everyone in Oakland or Portland if possible, but I was wondering the likelihood of getting straight into DFW. I know its based on company needs but I was wondering if it was a base that usually had some routes open.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:21 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006

Originally Posted by SWAblue View Post

I have said this before and I will say this again because it really can't get said enough, you burn the bridge of the "wrong" person in your dream job, you won't get to work there. Be good at politics and diplomacy, be an honest person of high character, and you will never burn the bridge of the wrong person.

Best of luck to us all.
And be sure to have the $50 to pay AMF for a copy of your PRIA when you do leave.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:22 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2008

Originally Posted by GEFT10 View Post
I live in Texas and have been flying my butt off towards those 135 mins. I have also been keeping up with ameriflight for the last couple of months because this is the company I really want to fly for after getting my time. I know that they like to start everyone in Oakland or Portland if possible, but I was wondering the likelihood of getting straight into DFW. I know its based on company needs but I was wondering if it was a base that usually had some routes open.
Like you said it's all based upon company needs. AMF could not fill the spot, why I don't know. Maybe it's like what buff driver said, "Couldn’t jump home on the weekends"

Just meeting the 135 mins, it's highly unlikely you will go straight to DFW being DFW is an all turbine base.

To those lurking on this thread, the perfect schedule doesn’t happen right away. You’re going to have to work a little bit to get there, even if it means flying a run to a city you’d rather not be in. It’s all dependant on how bad you want the flight time and how hard you’re willing to work to get it and you’re family's needs. Lately I have seen people hold off on turbine upgrades because the schedule wasn’t all that great or didn't suit them. The “Life” isn’t for everyone.

AMF is sometimes looking for E120 Fo’s, it’s a good way to get your foot in the door.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:21 AM
Respek

Joined APC: Jul 2010

AMF is sometimes looking for E120 Fo’s, it’s a good way to get your foot in the door.
Where are the EMB 120 bases and is it possible to get in as an FO off the street?
Old 06-21-2012, 01:05 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: goin somewhere....

Originally Posted by Cruz5350 View Post
Where are the EMB 120 bases and is it possible to get in as an FO off the street?
The 120 bases are BFI, DFW, CVG, and San Juan Pr. Some other guys/gals can chime in if i forgot a base.

We only hire street hires into the Bro FO spots...unless one of the pic line pilots wants to take a pay cut to go to one. Its all based on whether the company needs an FO or not.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:42 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by GEFT10 View Post
GEFT10 -- PM me.