Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 07:47 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: Back to the right side

Pay raises, better uniforms, quick upgrades, a CP who is an advocate for the pilots, management that is spending a lot of time and effort trying to make things better, new leadership that is trying (and succeeding) in growing the company. Hmm, doesn't seem like such a bad place to be to me.
135 freight is what it is. Before you apply to any company, conduct your due diligence and understand what type of job you are getting into. At the very least, understand the interview process works both ways. AMF was pretty straight forward with me when I went to the open house and interviewed. After that, indoc is a week long freebie for you and the company, if you don't like what you see by the end of indoc then bail out, no harm no foul. But don't go through the whole process, then ***** and moan that you are throwing boxes and not standing in the entryway greeting pax.
Old 09-08-2014, 10:27 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2013

Originally Posted by GunnerV View Post
Pay raises, better uniforms, quick upgrades, a CP who is an advocate for the pilots, management that is spending a lot of time and effort trying to make things better, new leadership that is trying (and succeeding) in growing the company. Hmm, doesn't seem like such a bad place to be to me.
135 freight is what it is. Before you apply to any company, conduct your due diligence and understand what type of job you are getting into. At the very least, understand the interview process works both ways. AMF was pretty straight forward with me when I went to the open house and interviewed. After that, indoc is a week long freebie for you and the company, if you don't like what you see by the end of indoc then bail out, no harm no foul. But don't go through the whole process, then ***** and moan that you are throwing boxes and not standing in the entryway greeting pax.
You sound like you are built for the conditions at AMF, and that's great. There are plenty of guys there that love it. Just remember that you are there to provide a service. The company doesn't exist to employ pilots, they are there to make money, and the employee's are directly responsible for that. . So don't take it up the behind and ask for more because company has given you the "honor" of working for them.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:36 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2013

Pay raises, better uniforms, quick upgrades, a CP who is an advocate for the pilots, management that is spending a lot of time and effort trying to make things better, new leadership that is trying (and succeeding) in growing the company. .
That growth comes from you doing another freight dogs route for less. Feel proud bro, you work at amflight.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:08 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by 8ballfreight View Post
That growth comes from you doing another freight dogs route for less. Feel proud bro, you work at amflight.
Actually, that isn't true. I know that for UPS we are one of the pricier feeders. Most of the time when we get runs from other operators (such as ABQ) it is because UPS thinks we can do a better job. And that is info I have gotten from talking with UPS management, not Ameriflight.

And I DO feel proud that I work for Ameriflight. From everything I have seen in the 13+ years since I started here, I would rather be here than ANY other 135 operator.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:27 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2013

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr View Post
Actually, that isn't true. I know that for UPS we are one of the pricier feeders. Most of the time when we get runs from other operators (such as ABQ) it is because UPS thinks we can do a better job. And that is info I have gotten from talking with UPS management, not Ameriflight.

And I DO feel proud that I work for Ameriflight. From everything I have seen in the 13+ years since I started here, I would rather be here than ANY other 135 operator.
Actually it is true. A smaller feeder was snuffed out in ABQ to AMF, the lower bidder. It is shocking to see how naive you are to other 135 operators. You could be getting paid more, working less, flying better equipment, getting treated better in other areas of part 135. Then again if you haven't moved in 13 years there is no convincing you otherwise.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:48 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Jetlife View Post
Actually it is true. A smaller feeder was snuffed out in ABQ to AMF, the lower bidder. It is shocking to see how naive you are to other 135 operators. You could be getting paid more, working less, flying better equipment, getting treated better in other areas of part 135. Then again if you haven't moved in 13 years there is no convincing you otherwise.
You're right. I don't look that much at all the aspects of other operators. I'm sure I could get paid more. Working less would be sometimes true, sometimes not. I have seen times where the equipment hasn't been maintained that well, but I have never personally seen someone forced to fly an airplane they thought was unsafe. And I have gone head to head with maintenance and operations when they have tried.

And considering some issue I have had in my life since coming here, I don't think I could get better treatment. And that is the main reason I don't plan to leave.

As for getting business from other operators, I hate to say it, but that IS business. Passenger airlines do it to each other. (Read about the early struggles of Southwest against AA and Braniff.) Companies of every type are always trying to grow their market share. That's reality. And Ameriflight is no different.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:08 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: Back to the right side

Originally Posted by 8ballfreight View Post
I take it you have some first hand knowledge concerning our recent contract award in ABQ. I'd be interested in seeing what the compensation levels were at this other company. Can you post payrates, benefits, ect? Id like to see how they compare to AMF.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:07 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Nov 2013

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr View Post

red flag...
Old 09-10-2014, 04:39 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by ClarenceOver View Post
red flag...
Why? Because my circumstances and how the company has treated me have brought me to the point where I decided this is where I want to stay?
Old 09-10-2014, 05:35 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2010
Default Ameriflight

I take it you have some first hand knowledge concerning our recent contract award in ABQ. I'd be interested in seeing what the compensation levels were at this other company. Can you post payrates, benefits, ect? Id like to see how they compare to AMF.

They made more for sure after looking at the new pay scale.

Not my place or business to post. Just wanted to answer your question.