Ameriflight

Subscribe
304  354  394  400  401  402  403  404  405  406  407  408  414  454  504 
Page 404 of 567
Go to
Quick question for current Ameriflight pilots: What are Ameriflights plans to meet the ADS-B requirements for 2020? I assume they will invest in what is needed even for the older Navajo and Beech 99 airframes? And will the upgrades bring Ameriflight into the RNAV world?
Sorry if this has been asked before... I missed it, if so.
Thanks!
Quote: Quick question for current Ameriflight pilots: What are Ameriflights plans to meet the ADS-B requirements for 2020? I assume they will invest in what is needed even for the older Navajo and Beech 99 airframes? And will the upgrades bring Ameriflight into the RNAV world?
Sorry if this has been asked before... I missed it, if so.
Thanks!
Yes, they have been bringing in BE99s one at a time for the GPS/transponder upgrades. They typically get an stec 30 autopilot in the process.

I don't fly at a base with chieftains, but yeah, 2020 is the deadline for everything to comply.
GPS and AP makes that job way more attractive :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Autopilots? Things are changing since the 1980's.
Those Stec 30 are so odd haha

Quote: GPS and AP makes that job way more attractive :-)

I'm sure, especially for a new hire in unfamiliar territory. The added situational awareness, and even just heading mode in turbulence is one less axis of motion to juggle in a high workload environment.
Greetings, long time reader and first time posting on the Ameriflight thred. I just accepted a BE99 home based captain position indoc starts Jan 8th.
Was hoping for any feedback on how the home based positions are working out and also like to hear from anyone else that is scheduled for that class on January 8th. Thanks!
Are there any routes in the system that don't involve any sit time at the outstation?
Quote: Are there any routes in the system that don't involve any sit time at the outstation?
Very few. The "glow flight" runs (radioactive pharmaceuticals) are usually just out and back. Unless they are so long that you have to lay over to get rest and avoid 8/24 flight time rules.
Hey everyone, I'm sorry if this already been asked before, but how much do Ameriflight pilots average per month on the Beech 99? I've seen a figure as high as 80hrs just wanted a second opinion.
304  354  394  400  401  402  403  404  405  406  407  408  414  454  504 
Page 404 of 567
Go to