Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2017, 08:43 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Nov 2017

Originally Posted by Jet757 View Post
Hey everyone, I'm sorry if this already been asked before, but how much do Ameriflight pilots average per month on the Beech 99? I've seen a figure as high as 80hrs just wanted a second opinion.
That's a bit high. Most people avg about 700 hrs a year. By month that's 58.3
Old 11-11-2017, 09:32 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by Blocku View Post
That's a bit high. Most people avg about 700 hrs a year. By month that's 58.3
Yeah, I was gonna say 40-60 per month. There are a few runs that get 80 or more, but not as a fleet wide average.
Old 11-11-2017, 10:58 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012

I know this is not the place, but I think you guys have a solid aviation background and advice would be very helpful.
I’m at a point where I could keep logging VFR ME (50h/m) and then get a job with a fedex feeder for example, one of those beautiful caravans. Or I could also get with Ameriflight around January/February, ACP with around 900h.
In the past it would be a no brained, turbine multi, but since nowadays it’s not that important, I wouldn’t care if it’s single or multi.
What would make more sense for you all?
Imagine I had both opportunities on my hand, which I don’t obviously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 11-11-2017, 11:18 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Javichu,

Are you planning on moving on to the majors? What is your ultimate goal?
Old 11-11-2017, 11:21 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Majors is the goal yes. One never knows of course but that has been my dream for decades

Old 11-13-2017, 05:59 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Nope? Anybody? :-)

What about junior bases for the beech 99?. After the "floater" period and once you become a restricted captain, are there any bases easier/more difficult to get?

What b99 get to fly more?

Old 11-13-2017, 06:56 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2007
Position: single pilot cargo, turboprop

Originally Posted by Javichu View Post
Nope? Anybody? :-)

What about junior bases for the beech 99?. After the "floater" period and once you become a restricted captain, are there any bases easier/more difficult to get?

What b99 get to fly more?

BUF and OMA tend to be junior, not sure what is senior anymore for the BE99.

In reference to your question about the purple tailed caravans... For me personally, I considered it a few years ago, when their pay was significantly better than AMF, but I never could give up the security of my second engine.

When you say multiengine time "doesn't matter anymore," are you saying that based upon major airlines not listing it on their minimums? Seems to me, they left that open for F16 pilots.

No disrespect to my friends flying caravans, but I have never seen any of them move on to anything better than a regional or corporate job directly, and thus many of them stay flying the caravan for a career because they don't want to take the pay cut.

If you go the AMF route, you have career path programs to Allegiant, Frontier, Omni, and now UPS. Plan on at least 3 years.

If your plan is to go to a regional airline once you are ATP eligible, I think you are right, it really doesn't matter how you get there. Regionals aren't to picky lately.
Old 11-13-2017, 07:13 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by own nav View Post
If your plan is to go to a regional airline once you are ATP eligible, I think you are right, it really doesn't matter how you get there. Regionals aren't to picky lately.
Keep in mind if you go the ACP route with AMF, the right seat time in the BE99 can't be counted toward your ATP. It's good for getting your 1200 for 135 IFR mins but you can only use PIC time in the 99 toward your 1500 for ATP. If you wind up in an E120, then all of your time (SIC included) will count toward the 1500 because the FO is a required position in the E120.
Old 11-13-2017, 07:51 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by own nav View Post
BUF and OMA tend to be junior, not sure what is senior anymore for the BE99.

In reference to your question about the purple tailed caravans... For me personally, I considered it a few years ago, when their pay was significantly better than AMF, but I never could give up the security of my second engine.

When you say multiengine time "doesn't matter anymore," are you saying that based upon major airlines not listing it on their minimums? Seems to me, they left that open for F16 pilots.

No disrespect to my friends flying caravans, but I have never seen any of them move on to anything better than a regional or corporate job directly, and thus many of them stay flying the caravan for a career because they don't want to take the pay cut.

If you go the AMF route, you have career path programs to Allegiant, Frontier, Omni, and now UPS. Plan on at least 3 years.

Omaha doesn’t sound too appealing haha but better than PR for sure, I’d take it.

Yeah that’s what I meant by ME being not that important nowadays. Of course it’ll always look better in a resume, no doubt.

I’m not planning on running from any employer at 1501h, if it’s a nice decent job with solid flows. Problem is I don’t trust flows that much (from any airline). But if UPS flow becomes real and solid.....that would be a dream, and worth it. Cargo is the dream here.
Old 11-13-2017, 07:56 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr View Post
Keep in mind if you go the ACP route with AMF, the right seat time in the BE99 can't be counted toward your ATP. It's good for getting your 1200 for 135 IFR mins but you can only use PIC time in the 99 toward your 1500 for ATP. If you wind up in an E120, then all of your time (SIC included) will count toward the 1500 because the FO is a required position in the E120.
I know I know, no complaints there. They give you an opportunity having lower time, so I’d be grateful even if I can’t log it for ATP purposes.

And I’m still on that E120 candidate pool, which would be ideal for me, but No luck yet. I keep requesting updates but they tell me the same, no spots available for me.

On the other hand they show interest for the ACP program. So that’s why I keep asking about those B99