Ameriflight

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 02:10 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: the right side

Originally Posted by 1expat View Post
Two good reasons to AVOID AMERIFLIGHT.
Antiquated equipment, single pilot in an aircraft designed for two pilots. Pilot funerals are depressing.
PRIA Do two pilot duties in old equipment with marginal training and you are setting yourself up for a failed check ride, which is exactly what Ameriflight wants. Ameriflight runs a washout program. Your PRIA record will haunt you when you interview with legitimate airlines.

Staunch post from a first time poster... Perhaps you can show us when the last fatal at AMF was.... Hint, it's been a few years...
Old 02-19-2017, 03:33 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2014

And it wasn't in an airplane designed for two pilots...
Old 02-19-2017, 04:02 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2007
Position: single pilot cargo, turboprop

Originally Posted by KSCessnaDriver View Post
Staunch post from a first time poster... Perhaps you can show us when the last fatal at AMF was.... Hint, it's been a few years...
And it was the only one in the last decade. I almost hate to discuss it because a feeling of invulnerability based on a good track record doesn't do much to prevent future accidents. This is single pilot ops in old airplanes, plain and simple. And we need well qualified/trained pilots, with the challenge of finding them in the shortage.

I've made the same observation, Jetlife, the make up of our classes is getting older. A lot of our new hire pilots wouldn't fit the typical career builder persona of the past, ie trade low pay for experience to get you to the next level. Now we are putting new hires directly into type rated equipment (including the E120). The result, more experienced pilots who wouldn't have considered AMF under the old pay scale will now consider it given the pay and immediate opportunities.

The next step is to get them to stay around for a while, by delivering on the promise of 4 day work weeks and such.
Old 02-20-2017, 01:08 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2017
Default Ameriflight

Go there, have and accident, or fail a check ride, because you are one person , not two. Then see how successful you are at getting with a career carrier. If that's all your career is worth to you, you deserve Ameriflight.
I suppose a safety record with no crashes since June 30, 2015 is what one should strive for.
Look at the Phoenix crash, 2012. The pilot was supposed to maintain currency in two different types of aircraft, a practice Amrieflight continues until this day. There is a reason, written in blood why 121 carriers are not allowed to do this.
Look at wikipedia. This is not worth the risk. Ever wonder what your new bride will look like dressed in black?

Last edited by 1expat; 02-20-2017 at 01:31 PM.
Old 02-20-2017, 04:46 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2013

Go there, have and accident, or fail a check ride, because you are one person , not two. Then see how successful you are at getting with a career carrier. If that's all your career is worth to you, you deserve Ameriflight.
I suppose a safety record with no crashes since June 30, 2015 is what one should strive for.
Look at the Phoenix crash, 2012. The pilot was supposed to maintain currency in two different types of aircraft, a practice Amrieflight continues until this day. There is a reason, written in blood why 121 carriers are not allowed to do this.
Look at wikipedia. This is not worth the risk. Ever wonder what your new bride will look like dressed in black?
Yeah....yeah.

Or don't have an accident or checkride failure and know how to fly out of a wet paper bag instead. Ameriflight flying is basic IFR flying that anyone with a instrument rating should be able to do. The pass rate just shows how many people really shouldn't have instrument ratings.
Old 02-20-2017, 06:59 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2017

I rest my case. Ameriflight management doing their best to ruin your PRIA record.
Old 02-20-2017, 09:08 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2016

Hilarious when people try to blame failed checkrides on anyone but themselves.
Old 02-21-2017, 09:46 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2007
Position: single pilot cargo, turboprop

Having a washout on your PRIA isn't necessarily a career killer. The point is what you do afterward. If you can demonstrate that you learned from your experience and it made you better pilot, I'm sure there's many interviewers who will see a positive attitude and career progression as a definite plus. In some cases, not having a failure may show that you haven't been pushed to your true potential.

Keep blaming everyone else, well, it doesn't make a good first impression to say the least. We have just demonstrated that on the last page.

I, for one, am not laughing, best of luck expat1. Keep the chip on your shoulder, but use it to make you a better pilot. Show everyone they were wrong. When you do, come back and post it on here. Again, good luck.
Old 02-21-2017, 10:04 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Two good reasons to AVOID AMERIFLIGHT.
Antiquated equipment, single pilot in an aircraft designed for two pilots. Pilot funerals are depressing.
PRIA Do two pilot duties in old equipment with marginal training and you are setting yourself up for a failed check ride, which is exactly what Ameriflight wants. Ameriflight runs a washout program. Your PRIA record will haunt you when you interview with legitimate airlines.

Gotta love it when a troll creates a new profile just to jump in and slam a company, mostly with unsubstantiated allegations.

Every airplane we fly single pilot is certified by the FAA to be flown that way. The only airplane we have that was designed exclusively to be flown two pilot is the E120. And guess what? That is how we fly it. Always.

Why would we WANT someone to fail a check ride? We are short pilots. We have given pilots several weeks of line training in order to try to get them where they can pass a check ride and be safe, efficient pilots. Have we washed a few out even after that? Yes. And trust me, they were never going to be safe in the aircraft.

As for currency in multiple aircraft, I have been current in two aircraft for about half of my flying career, even a few years while in the Air Force. All were aircraft that either require a type rating or WOULD require one if they were civilian planes.

I rest my case. Ameriflight management doing their best to ruin your PRIA record.
That is such an ignorant statement.

Yeah, we make it our mission to ruin people's PRIA record. That way they will have to stay with us. <smh>
Old 02-21-2017, 10:29 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Nov 2016

frmrbuffdrvr, Thank you sir.

I'm a wet commercial pilot doing all the research I can on companies that I want to pursue and fly for. I get excited about Ameriflight as I research them and how they can help me become a better pilot because of the type of flying their pilots do.

It's a gut punch right in the emotions when I read some of the troll comments and it's encouraging to see an actual experienced Ameriflight pilot stepping in to defend.

As an older person who grew up in a different era, I don't relate to younger entitled brats that live this troll life and your post helps me put my final decision on who I want to fly for.

To all the younger entitled brats out there, **** you big pussies. Life is hard and it's not fair and it's the hard road of life that makes it so sweet in the end.

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr View Post
Gotta love it when a troll creates a new profile just to jump in and slam a company, mostly with unsubstantiated allegations.

Every airplane we fly single pilot is certified by the FAA to be flown that way. The only airplane we have that was designed exclusively to be flown two pilot is the E120. And guess what? That is how we fly it. Always.

Why would we WANT someone to fail a check ride? We are short pilots. We have given pilots several weeks of line training in order to try to get them where they can pass a check ride and be safe, efficient pilots. Have we washed a few out even after that? Yes. And trust me, they were never going to be safe in the aircraft.

As for currency in multiple aircraft, I have been current in two aircraft for about half of my flying career, even a few years while in the Air Force. All were aircraft that either require a type rating or WOULD require one if they were civilian planes.

That is such an ignorant statement.

Yeah, we make it our mission to ruin people's PRIA record. That way they will have to stay with us. <smh>