Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2016, 09:26 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2007
Position: single pilot cargo, turboprop

Originally Posted by Jetlife View Post
Reciprical, flow.... Words that you don't have to get right eh?
I stand corrected.
Old 12-04-2016, 09:37 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr View Post
Has anyone ever heard of the play "Much Ado About Nothing"?

That's kind of how I feel about the last page of comments. Brings absolutely nothing (except the announcement that we can now list to ride on FedEx) to the discussion of the merits or not of coming to work at Ameriflight. Which is what I thought this thread was about.

Just my 2 cents. Or I guess $2 in todays money compared to when I was growing up.
I hear you. Have to sift through a ton of Amerihate coming from a small handful of dedicated trolls to get what you want to know, but without the "contoversy" we don't have a lot of discussion and this would basically be an announcement board.

If someone can get a good idea of the negatives in this board and else where, and still find the job appealing, they are going to make a good coworker.
Old 12-05-2016, 08:00 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2016

Originally Posted by WesternSkies View Post
The answer is no there is not.
That's odd because I jumpseat on Skywest DBA Alaska all the time. I got that jumpseat list from a memo from our Jumpseat coordinator BTW.
Old 12-06-2016, 05:12 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2016

Some people will always say negative things, I suppose that is what defines a "troll"? I hope that does not discount the legitimate accounts by pilots who have had bad experiences with AMF.
Old 12-06-2016, 05:44 AM
Gets Weekends Off

There's more to trolls than just sharing negative stories. Examples would include stirring up controversy based on hypotheticals. In the last couple months these examples would include the assertion that AMF could potentially fly struck work, and the notion that those who go through eagle jet to gain access to our right seat fit the definition of an employee and should have the benefits thereof. Neither of which have any merit, just looking for an excuse to stir up controversy. Look up the definition of an internet troll on wikipedia and tell me I am wrong.
Old 12-06-2016, 07:15 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: I pilot

Ameriflight is listed on the SkyWest Jumpseat agreement list.
Old 12-06-2016, 08:07 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2013

Originally Posted by own nav View Post
There's more to trolls than just sharing negative stories. Examples would include stirring up controversy based on hypotheticals. In the last couple months these examples would include the assertion that AMF could potentially fly struck work, and the notion that those who go through eagle jet to gain access to our right seat fit the definition of an employee and should have the benefits thereof. Neither of which have any merit, just looking for an excuse to stir up controversy. Look up the definition of an internet troll on wikipedia and tell me I am wrong.
Yea, that damn notion that EagleJet FOs pay a buttload of money to fly in the right seat of an AMF airplane, only to be left in the FBO all day or bumped when you need to shove another 120lbs of boxes in the airplane so they then sit in the FBO overnight. I hate that too, why treat humans with decency and respect right?

Call me a troll all you want, but I am not the one spreading things that aren't true. You speak ONLY from the position of wearing rose colored glasses and you conveniently leave the details that would deter from you positively spinning every situation you write about. If anything, you are the troll.
Old 12-06-2016, 08:41 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Jetlife View Post
Yea, that damn notion that EagleJet FOs pay a buttload of money to fly in the right seat of an AMF airplane, only to be left in the FBO all day or bumped when you need to shove another 120lbs of boxes in the airplane so they then sit in the FBO overnight. I hate that too, why treat humans with decency and respect right?

Call me a troll all you want, but I am not the one spreading things that aren't true. You speak ONLY from the position of wearing rose colored glasses and you conveniently leave the details that would deter from you positively spinning every situation you write about. If anything, you are the troll.
See what I mean, yep, we have established that you are indeed a troll.
Old 12-06-2016, 08:59 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Let the record also show that our resident troll just admitted to "spreading things that aren't true."
Old 12-06-2016, 09:23 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2016

On the note about the scab thing, the teamsters are investigating about that...

They basically assume all who worked off the DHL ramp in CVG had crossed the picket line according to my teamsters friends. Not sure what kind of determination they will make, if any.