Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2016, 08:45 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by TransMach View Post
That's BS. It isn't struck work. Bring a B767 or other large airplane on property and fly a trip that was being flown by ABX Air, that's truck work. Carrying DHL cargo on a Metro isn't.

TM
Good to see you're still skimming the boards, TM.

When you gonna be in Dallas? Or SAT, since I'm spending about half my time down there these days. We need to get a bite and catch up.
Old 11-26-2016, 08:58 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2016

Does any body know if there are opportunities to pick up extra shifts or any other ways to make extra money while working at Ameriflight?
Old 11-26-2016, 09:42 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2007
Position: single pilot cargo, turboprop

Originally Posted by godsnotapilot View Post
Does any body know if there are opportunities to pick up extra shifts or any other ways to make extra money while working at Ameriflight?
Yes. TDY, repositioning, extra legs, a sixth day on nonoutstation based based run, fly with Eagle Jet FOs.... It all adds up to thousands on top of your base pay.
Old 11-26-2016, 11:14 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: the right side

Originally Posted by TransMach View Post
That's BS. It isn't struck work. Bring a B767 or other large airplane on property and fly a trip that was being flown by ABX Air, that's truck work. Carrying DHL cargo on a Metro isn't.

TM
Carrying DHL cargo on a route that they don't normally fly certainly could be struck work...
Old 11-26-2016, 11:17 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2013

If a Metro, or any plane for that matter, flew work that an ABX 767 would have normally flown that day out of CVG, that is flying struck work, no room for argument. Not saying that happened at all, but that is absolutely struck work, and if that occurred, rest assure 1224 and the pilot group will make it very public, with names.
Old 11-26-2016, 05:12 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by Jetlife View Post
If a Metro, or any plane for that matter, flew work that an ABX 767 would have normally flown that day out of CVG, that is flying struck work, no room for argument. Not saying that happened at all, but that is absolutely struck work, and if that occurred, rest assure 1224 and the pilot group will make it very public, with names.
KCD said 'on a route that they normally wouldn't fly' - and that seems to make sense. But you seem to elude to that if they flew additional cargo to one of their locations that ABX might also fly to would be flying struck work. Is that correct?

If so - - I've wondered about this in the past.
That sounds like you are saying that if Delta went on strike and I wanted to get to DC, but I instead flew on United - then United flew struck pax.
Old 11-26-2016, 05:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by USMCFLYR View Post
KCD said 'on a route that they normally wouldn't fly' - and that seems to make sense. But you seem to elude to that if they flew additional cargo to one of their locations that ABX might also fly to would be flying struck work. Is that correct?

If so - - I've wondered about this in the past.
That sounds like you are saying that if Delta went on strike and I wanted to get to DC, but I instead flew on United - then United flew struck pax.
No no, what I am saying is that ABX conducted the strike in CVG. Any work that would have normally been on an ABX flight that was flown out by another airplane, is flying struck work.

If Delta went on strike, and you as a United pilot crossed the picket line to go fly, I wouldn't want to be anywhere around you. I wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole. Now if a United crew was tasked to fly Delta passengers because Delta was on strike, yes that would be scabbing.

I am not implying that AMF did anything wrong, but the lines could be blurred pretty easily. Flying any DHL supported runs out of CVG could easily be considered flying struck work.
Old 11-27-2016, 03:49 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by Jetlife View Post
No no, what I am saying is that ABX conducted the strike in CVG. Any work that would have normally been on an ABX flight that was flown out by another airplane, is flying struck work.

If Delta went on strike, and you as a United pilot crossed the picket line to go fly, I wouldn't want to be anywhere around you. I wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole. Now if a United crew was tasked to fly Delta passengers because Delta was on strike, yes that would be scabbing.

I am not implying that AMF did anything wrong, but the lines could be blurred pretty easily. Flying any DHL supported runs out of CVG could easily be considered flying struck work.
Exactly.......
I'm on Delta flight (or booked on Delta) - the strike happens and I am rebooked on United. You would consider United to be flying 'struck work'?

When you say 'tasked to fly Delta passengers' - give me a scenario here.

How might the crew even know which passengers (or cargo for that matter) might have been rerouted and is actually 'struck work'?
Old 11-27-2016, 02:14 PM
Banned

Who's rebooking you? Your company? Or is Delta putting you on a United flight?
Old 11-27-2016, 02:20 PM
Banned

To answer your question on "how would they know" is that the best way to know is to error on the side of caution. I'm pretty sure Falcon Air found this out the hard way during the Spirit strike. If it smells remotely fishy, don't fly it.

Will there be scenarios where a passenger who was on that Delta flight that is now canceled because of a strike, buys a ticket on United to get where they're going? Sure, is that struck work? No.

We can think of grey area scenarios all day long but it doesn't really apply here. Any cargo that was to be carried out by ABX that day is struck work.