Ameriflight

Subscribe
18  418  468  508  514  515  516  517  518  519  520  521  522  528 
Page 518 of 567
Go to
Ameriflight
Do you know what a typical work week out of PHX looks like as far as returning to base? Are you gone for the week or do you return each day? I was offered a B99 spot a few months ago but had to hold off do to my current contract. I currently fly a BE200 in Alaska and also typed PIC on the EMB120 so that plane would hopefully be my end goal with AMF in PHX.
Quote: Do you know what a typical work week out of PHX looks like as far as returning to base? Are you gone for the week or do you return each day? I was offered a B99 spot a few months ago but had to hold off do to my current contract. I currently fly a BE200 in Alaska and also typed PIC on the EMB120 so that plane would hopefully be my end goal with AMF in PHX.
Except for the the ABQ-ALM-ABQ run (which is currently staffed) all of the PHX runs come into base every night. There is at least one run that is outstation based (Yuma) that does stay out there over the weekend. But all of the PHX based runs go out in the morning and return at night.
Great, as much as I loved my hotel points coming back to base every night really helps with the decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Spokane, WA Pilot Base
Are there any Spokane based Beech 1900 pilots on this thread? I'm curious about the base and the QOL. Also, I'm typed in the Beech 1900 (SIC required) and was wondering what's involved with getting the single pilot type? Is the training inhouse?
Quote: Are there any Spokane based Beech 1900 pilots on this thread? I'm curious about the base and the QOL. Also, I'm typed in the Beech 1900 (SIC required) and was wondering what's involved with getting the single pilot type? Is the training inhouse?
I can't speak to any of the base specific stuff, but I can answer your second question. All of our training is in house. We have our own APD's to give the type checks. Training is all done in level C/D sims.
Quote: I can't speak to any of the base specific stuff, but I can answer your second question. All of our training is in house. We have our own APD's to give the type checks. Training is all done in level C/D sims.
Thanks for the information!
B99 in DFW?
Any current AMF Pilots know if there will be any openings on the B99 out of DFW in the next 2-3 months?
Do you still have the night runs from Phoenix out to the LA?
I flew for a different company, but the amflight guys made extra coin doing those runs.
Quote: Any current AMF Pilots know if there will be any openings on the B99 out of DFW in the next 2-3 months?
Most likely. Keep your eyes open on our careers page. There is currently a need for a flight instructor at our DFW base if you're interested/qualified for that.
Quote: Most likely. Keep your eyes open on our careers page. There is currently a need for a flight instructor at our DFW base if you're interested/qualified for that.
Honestly I’m burned out on instructing.
18  418  468  508  514  515  516  517  518  519  520  521  522  528 
Page 518 of 567
Go to