Ameriflight

Subscribe
37  77  83  84  85  86  87  88  89  90  91  97  137  187 
Page 87 of 568
Go to
<----was supposed to be in the May class...which got moved to June...now cancelled indefinately.
I'm not believing this until I hear it from the company. Maybe it's because I'm way out here in cvg, but none of us has heard any of these rumors. Can one of you provide a credible source as to where the number eleven has come from? As for the classes getting cancelled/rescheduled, from what I understand that was standard practice not too long ago and not cause for concern. I would hate to be wrong about this...
I heard from someone in the training department. 13 laid-off from the March and April classes. Some had passed their checkrides, some had not.
Quote: I heard from someone in the training department. 13 laid-off from the March and April classes. Some had passed their checkrides, some had not.
Can anyone from any of our bases substantiate this magical 13 number?
Just got confirmation that 3 pilots from PDX were let go today.
2 from OAK, 3 from PDX.
Quote: I'm not believing this until I hear it from the company. Maybe it's because I'm way out here in cvg, but none of us has heard any of these rumors. Can one of you provide a credible source as to where the number eleven has come from? As for the classes getting cancelled/rescheduled, from what I understand that was standard practice not too long ago and not cause for concern. I would hate to be wrong about this...

Yeah I see no reason for my friend who was supposed to be in the June class to lie and start looking for a new place to hang his hat.
Quote: 2 from OAK, 3 from PDX.
^^ Second that info ^^ Sucks....
That sucks for the guys that probably just got finished moving to a new city. At least now I understand why I haven't been called about the interview I had last week. SOL.
Quote: My friend got the call today. Class canceled. Anyone know why? I thought they were going to be hiring through the next several months?
Yeah, AMF had a small furlough and a few other layoffs. Tough for those involved, but . . . I believe it's the second furlough in the company's 41-year history, and it probably won't last very long. The reason is a simple need to balance currently available crews with the current and and short-term projected level of flying activity.

A couple of Basic Indoc classes were also canceled or delayed, but again -- this is a temporary setback, and the hiring process will likely start grinding along again in a couple of months.
37  77  83  84  85  86  87  88  89  90  91  97  137  187 
Page 87 of 568
Go to