What are "Part 135 Minimums"?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Page 4 of 9
Go to
Quote: Wait a second when you do a 135 check ride doesnt that make you an atp?
if only. It's pretty much the same test just missing a piece of paper.
Quote: if only. It's pretty much the same test just missing a piece of paper.
Pesky written exam
Quote: Pesky written exam
Pesky threads from 2007
Quote: Pesky threads from 2007
lol yeah this has been done to death. Damn feds, and their 121 135 xc mins. It REALLY should be simple.
Quote: It means he was probably a product of a pilot-mill, where all it's about is getting ahead ASAP despite costs and self-respect.

Quote: OMG thank you for saying that! I was getting scared everyone was gonna let that one go. Wow.
Ya know, I really got the impression he was joking. At least... I hope to God!
Quote: Yes, the 50nm rule applies to ATP. See FAR 61.1.b.3.vi.B:
"(vi) For the purpose of meeting the aeronautical experience requirements for an airline transport pilot certificate (except with a rotorcraft category rating), time acquired during a flight—
(A) Conducted in an appropriate aircraft;
(B) That is at least a straight-line distance of more than 50 nautical miles from the original point of departure; and
(C) That involves the use of dead reckoning, pilotage, electronic navigation aids, radio aids, or other navigation systems."
Quote:
Be sure and note that no landing is required at an airport more than 50NM, but the flight must extend at least 50NM from the departure point.
[/QUOTE]

Quote:
If you are working on an ATP certificate you can include all time during those flight that took you more than 50 NM straight line distance from original point of departure even if the flight does not include a landing more than 50NM away. Military bombers take off and land at the same place but sure do travel more than 50 miles during the flight. Military folks working on a commercial certificate can use this definition as well.
Haymaker/Hungry Pilot -

Thank you for pointing that out. This is actually a factor for many military pilots and is often misunderstood. At least in my comunity a vast majority of the flights start from and end at the same point - the 50nm and landing can get tough; but almost EVERY flight meets the 50nm rule making the X/C requirement a moot point. Thanks for clarifying.

It may an old thread but the question gets asked over and over and still takes 3-4 pages to get it straight each time.

USMCFLYR
Yes, but the answer is all in one place. The definition of cross country. The FAR's are not as difficult as we make them but you really do have to look at all the punctuation.
Quote: Pesky written exam
not a written test, an 8710. If the check airman were authorized to give ATP practical exams in that aircraft then you get get an ATP out of it. Some companies do that but it is rare. When taking a 135 test you can legally take it with the FAA instead of the company check airman and they can issue the ATP. That is only if the company allows that option. If you take the ride with the FAA then you have to be dead on where as if you go up with the company man and botch something, the check airman has the option to pause the checkride and do some retraining and then resume the checkride.
Quote: not a written test, an 8710. If the check airman were authorized to give ATP practical exams in that aircraft then you get get an ATP out of it. Some companies do that but it is rare. When taking a 135 test you can legally take it with the FAA instead of the company check airman and they can issue the ATP. That is only if the company allows that option. If you take the ride with the FAA then you have to be dead on where as if you go up with the company man and botch something, the check airman has the option to pause the checkride and do some retraining and then resume the checkride.
So you're telling me that if I go with my company man, then I don't need a written exam?
oh, i'm sorry i'm an idiot. No you definitely need the atp written exam. For some reason I was thinking a 135 written which there is no such thing. My fault.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Page 4 of 9
Go to