FLOPS Terminates 70 Pilots with no Regard to Seniority

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 6
Go to
what a scumbag management!

not laying off...TERMINATIONS effective immediately.

they're also trying to get the hostages to sign some kind of release in exchange for 1 week's pay for every year of service....rounded down. (i.e. 9 years and 11 months = 9 weeks of pay)
Why are they terminating? Is there a reason they picked these 70, and are they all senior?
Quote: Why are they terminating? Is there a reason they picked these 70, and are they all senior?
They based it on management's productivity rating of the pilots (average legs per day). Consider that management confessed several times that the pilots had no control of their productivity. i.e. scheduling, maintenance etc. after pilots were called in starting a couple of years ago to "productivity workshops" aka "intimidation meetings". Truth is, the pilots with the highest productivity were the suck-ups that were flying broken airplanes, answering their phones during rest, working overtime etc. They also had a financial incentive plan to reward these suck-up pilots.

Yes, there are some that are senior with numbers less than 100.

What a joke of a management group at FLOPS.
There has to be a lawsuit in there somewhere.
I'd bet this tactic is one of the fastest ways to propagate a union drive.
Quote: I'd bet this tactic is one of the fastest ways to propagate a union drive.
Never mind that FLOPS pilots are already represented by the IBT.
Sorry to hear that.. Here is a chance for the IBT to stand up for these pilots
Sorry to hear about your loss there...

This is a perfect time for the IBT to step up and do something there. Then again, it would probably be one of the few times that they step up and fight for the pilots.

Good Luck to all those terminated pilots.... No excuse for the IBT not to step in an do something, anything.

IBT, here is your chance to show that you can properly represent your pilots!

Good Luck!

In Unity,

B727DRVR
Forgive my ignorance. Is FLOPS = Flight Options?
Quote: Never mind that FLOPS pilots are already represented by the IBT.
Who is FLOPS?
Quote: Who is FLOPS?
Flight options
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 6
Go to