PDT News and Rumors

Subscribe
337  737  787  827  833  834  835  836  837  838  839  840  841  847  887  937 
Page 837 of 1123
Go to
Quote: AA mainline Capt told me May 6th was the last day recalls could elect to come back.
It's the first day they begin calling furloughees. AA will keep calling and filling classes with those pilots until the list is exhausted. It's going to take quite awhile.
Quote: It's the first day they begin calling furloughees. AA will keep calling and filling classes with those pilots until the list is exhausted. It's going to take quite awhile.
They will be filling them however 60% will be flows and the rest recalls. Like I said the only people that will be hating this are those in the Pool. Honestly if I were in the pool right now I might apply and try Delta or United. They could lose 400 numbers waiting to get their class date or even more.
It's not going to do much to the PDT flow. That's the beauty of having a flow like we do at a smaller airline. Even if they stop a month or two and make it up later, it doesn't hurt too much. At Envoy, I can see why you get your panties in a bind. You people need the movement to justify yourselves.
Quote: It's not going to do much to the PDT flow. That's the beauty of having a flow like we do at a smaller airline. Even if they stop a month or two and make it up later, it doesn't hurt too much. At Envoy, I can see why you get your panties in a bind. You people need the movement to justify yourselves.
Nah, people here doesn't have patience. We all knew this was going to happen with the flow and furloghees coming back. Suddenly everybody is "surprised"???? Lol!!!

They already said that envoy flow will be 50% or higher of the PSA/PDT flow in this slowdown.

5-10 a month leaving is better than 0, but people are glass half empty.
Quote: They will be filling them however 60% will be flows and the rest recalls. Like I said the only people that will be hating this are those in the Pool. Honestly if I were in the pool right now I might apply and try Delta or United. They could lose 400 numbers waiting to get their class date or even more.
That's not what we have been told in union blasts and from mgmt at ENY....AA side will be all recalls, and they will continue to hire on the US side, which is where a small number of flows will be placed each month. The number of flows each month has not been determined. Eight of our guys went so far this month.
Quote: It's not going to do much to the PDT flow. That's the beauty of having a flow like we do at a smaller airline. Even if they stop a month or two and make it up later, it doesn't hurt too much. At Envoy, I can see why you get your panties in a bind. You people need the movement to justify yourselves.
Actually as a percentage of their respective pilot groups, the flows are within 5% of each other. So "smaller airline this and that" doesn't matter.

You people? Lol
Quote: Actually as a percentage of their respective pilot groups, the flows are within 5% of each other. So "smaller airline this and that" doesn't matter.

You people? Lol
Sure it does. If you are small and growing the number of the flows increases. You're right it's basically the Same % but if you are in the front or middle part of the growth you will benefit more by having your flow come faster because the flow # has now increased.

Now the main problem with Piedmont is seeing how big can it actually grow.
Quote: Sure it does. If you are small and growing the number of the flows increases. You're right it's basically the Same % but if you are in the front or middle part of the growth you will benefit more by having your flow come faster because the flow # has now increased.

Now the main problem with Piedmont is seeing how big can it actually grow.
I've been hearing PDT is growing for months now. Yet the total number of pilots is still at 450ish. That flow will not get a 5th monthly spot and that should be concerning.
Quote: I've been hearing PDT is growing for months now. Yet the total number of pilots is still at 450ish. That flow will not get a 5th monthly spot and that should be concerning.

That I agree with. Hopefully with the new CEO coming in and the rumors of a complete overhaul of the training dept. things might be changing for the better. However the question will be 'is it too late.'

Only Time will tell!
Quote: I've been hearing PDT is growing for months now. Yet the total number of pilots is still at 450ish. That flow will not get a 5th monthly spot and that should be concerning.
Yawn...not concerned one bit. We haven't really thrown much into recruiting yet. The non-WO carriers aren't on life support yet either. We also don't have to hire directly into our shiny new jet like you people do. PDT doesn't need to get too big, 40-60 aircraft is probably right sized for us.
337  737  787  827  833  834  835  836  837  838  839  840  841  847  887  937 
Page 837 of 1123
Go to