Amflight

Subscribe
4  5  6  7  8  9 
Page 8 of 9
Go to
Quote: Look at the BUR ILS or LOC Y RWY 8 approach. The feeder from LAX to SILEX; what would you do when you reach SILEX? Turn hard right to intercept the LOC or do a PT (teardrop entry) and get established. You would be surprised how many people tell me or fly it in the sim option #1 and if you do that would fail the sim eval and go against IFR procedures.

TERPS= Terminal EnRoute ProcedureS

What, you don't sleep with your TERPS manual under your pillow at night?
Wow, a hard right turn to intercept would never even occur to me........on a checkride!
Quote: Wow, a hard right turn to intercept would never even occur to me........on a checkride!
You would be surprised how many applicants try and make that hard right turn to join the loc, automatic bust for the interview.
Quote: You would be surprised how many applicants try and make that hard right turn to join the loc, automatic bust for the interview.
Silly pilots, that's what the moving map is for! Just vector yourself outside the FAF a half mile or so and VOILA, no PT needed! Not that I condone that sort of thing
son
my son is in bur now traing 1st week
Quote: You would be surprised how many applicants try and make that hard right turn to join the loc, automatic bust for the interview.
Teardrop? Hmmmmm. I'd rather do a parallel. Less turns.
Quote: Silly pilots, that's what the moving map is for!
Look, I don't know about YOU, but when I'm on the approach, I don't have any spare time to move my map around the cockpit. Maybe if I had an FO- I could have him put down the coffee and move it...
Quote: I can only imagine what Bob's reaction would be if they did that in actual training.
Oh, I can fill that in for you:

What are you doing???

*waggle hands* </Bob>

Oops- forgot I already posted here.
Quote: Oh, I can fill that in for you:

What are you doing???

*waggle hands* </Bob>

Oops- forgot I already posted here.
"Someone give that guy a dope slap."
Quote: "Someone give that guy a dope slap."
Just remember, Bob makes even the best pilots cry, then goes home and eats kitten stew, then washes it down with the tears of children.

I'm joking, my experiences with Bob were interesting and invaluable, I "died" twice in the sim, but it made me a better IFR pilot.
What, no lance or god forbid, a 14,000 hr arrow

Quote: Yes, everyone gets hired into the Navajo/Chieftain, unless you get hired into a base that's an all turbine base.

400 SIC in a Tube, from where?
4  5  6  7  8  9 
Page 8 of 9
Go to