Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Amflight

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 07:25 AM
Flying Farmer

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Turbo-props' and John Deere's

ILS 08 has a race-track, mandatory PT from all fixes taking you to SILEX.

I can't believe people are having issues with that! I'd smack them upside the head myself if I was in your shoes, then thank them for making the selection process easier.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:14 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: 'Bus Driver Right Seat
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Ewfflyer View Post
ILS 08 has a race-track, mandatory PT from all fixes taking you to SILEX.

I can't believe people are having issues with that! I'd smack them upside the head myself if I was in your shoes, then thank them for making the selection process easier.
I knew a former "freightdog" would answer this question correctly. Except, looking at VTU and FIM transitions are the words "NO PT", but from the LAX 316R, YES, a PT is required, and yes they make the selection process very easy.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:01 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: Trying not to crash

Turn hard right to intercept the LOC or do a PT (teardrop entry) and get established.
I may be retarded, but wouldn't that be a parallel entry?
Old 10-11-2008, 01:28 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: Inverted

Originally Posted by aviator4hire View Post
I called today and looks like a possible interview in DFW next thrusday! YAY! Back to the study books! (groan) Any tips for the interview in DFW?
PM me for DFW interview information
Old 10-11-2008, 02:44 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Are new hires with 135 mins hired directly into the Navajo? Just wondering if I should expect the twin prop pay, or the FO pay?
Old 10-11-2008, 05:22 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by detpilot View Post
I may be retarded, but wouldn't that be a parallel entry?
Technically yes, it comes down to pilot technique. I've seen some do teardrops to help get themselves established faster onto the localizer. But, yes you are correct and I did misspeak. I meant to say parallel.
Old 10-11-2008, 05:24 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Are new hires with 135 mins hired directly into the Navajo? Just wondering if I should expect the twin prop pay, or the FO pay?

Why would you expect the FO pay? Everyone goes into the Navajo, unless you get hired into an all-turbine base.
Old 10-11-2008, 05:55 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Why would you expect the FO pay? Everyone goes into the Navajo, unless you get hired into an all-turbine base.
That's what I wasn't sure about- since hiring has slowed down, I didn't know if there was a chance I would get stuck in the right seat of the Bro...

I wish there was a good place where all the info on Amflight was posted, so I didn't have to sift through old threads. Is it possible, with seniority (if so, about how long) to get runs that don't involve sitting at the airport all day for 5 days a week? I have no problem flying at odd hours or working hard, but I kinda dread the thought of having to spend all day everyday at some FBO waiting for night to roll around. Is that really how it is, or am I off?
Old 10-12-2008, 07:46 AM
Gets Weekends Off

That's what I wasn't sure about- since hiring has slowed down, I didn't know if there was a chance I would get stuck in the right seat of the Bro...

I wish there was a good place where all the info on Amflight was posted, so I didn't have to sift through old threads. Is it possible, with seniority (if so, about how long) to get runs that don't involve sitting at the airport all day for 5 days a week? I have no problem flying at odd hours or working hard, but I kinda dread the thought of having to spend all day everyday at some FBO waiting for night to roll around. Is that really how it is, or am I off?
Ahhh now I see what you mean. DFW hires into the Bro if they have slots, but everything else is single pilot. One thing at Ameriflight, we don't leave our pilots at the FBO all day. We provide crew apartments or hotels on the layovers. Some runs go 4 days a week and some don't have any layovers. It all comes down to seniority.
Old 10-12-2008, 07:51 AM
Gets Weekends Off

I have no problem flying at odd hours or working hard, but I kinda dread the thought of having to spend all day everyday at some FBO waiting for night to roll around. Is that really how it is, or am I off?
You're kind of off. Most of our flying is for UPS, so most runs start in the morning, have between 1-3 legs, hang out at the layover, then fly back into the hub airport. Most flights get back in the early to late evening.