No more free water on US Air

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 8
Go to
Quote: I would not give USAir any ideas about paying for the lav, I could see it now, coin operated lav service. $0.50 to enter, .....
How much to exit?
Quote: Man I wish you'd paid the same for fuel as everyone else.
They buy fuel in the market like everyone else, they just happen to buy it smarter in the market than most. Ex CO CEO Gordon Bethune just wishes they would keep the smart buying in extra profits, he hates the fact that SW passes the cost savings on to the consumer.
...........................Nevermind!
Spirit has been doing this for sometime now.
They still made $110 million without the hedges...
Blame it on the public and their dorked-up mentality! They refuse to pay for an outright higher fare that will allow the airlines to survive and make money, yet the airlines have found a way to still extract it from them. While I don't agree with how it's being implemented, it is a necessary evil. I'd much rather see a fare that includes EVERYTHING, including taxes, and then get all the other services for "free", but apparently the public doesn't want to pay that fare, so they'll pay it in increments until it still equals what's needed to survive and make money.

As an aunt of mine used to tell me, "honey, nothing's free!".
Quote: Does the crew have to pay for their drinks while flying too?
Nope, crew and deadheaders get drinks, flight attendants have a sheet to to account for crew drinks. Non revs have to pay.

Quote: Blame it on the public and their dorked-up mentality! They refuse to pay for an outright higher fare that will allow the airlines to survive and make money, yet the airlines have found a way to still extract it from them. While I don't agree with how it's being implemented, it is a necessary evil. I'd much rather see a fare that includes EVERYTHING, including taxes, and then get all the other services for "free", but apparently the public doesn't want to pay that fare, so they'll pay it in increments until it still equals what's needed to survive and make money.

As an aunt of mine used to tell me, "honey, nothing's free!".
That is incorrect. The public will pay the fare if they have no choice but to pay. It is airline management's fault. They all race each other to the bottom. The point here is they are using the stupid nickel and dime strategy....trying to sneak in the charges when really it is just an insult to the public's consumer intelligence. Charge what the flight costs, period. Work the cost of water into the friggin ticket price...sheesh!
Quote: Any bets on when some airlines will start charging to use the lavs?
Maybe in a year
Have we hit the bottom yet?

You know its going to be a long trip when the cpt shows you his Barry Manilow collection.
Quote: Maybe you should wish for better management then. Lets start the very tired...wait until those hedges run out arguement. Why wouldnt you want SWA in CLT?
I never said I didn't SWA in CLT, we've been holding our own pretty good going head to head with you guys for over 24 years. It would just be nice if they paid the same for gas as we do, that way SWA be forced to charge customers what it REALLY costs to fly. Then we could ALL make money, kapish?
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 8
Go to