Northern Air Cargo

Subscribe
5  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  25 
Page 15 of 37
Go to
Quote: No union. No enforceable contract. NAC pilots serve at the whim of ownership. What if your company is looking to buy an existing certificate with current and qualified 767 pilots? You guys better be getting organized!
You sure do spread a lot of bs, motormouth. NAC has been a Teamster airline for years. Educate yourself before you speak.
Quote: It's listed as a base on the most recent job post. Or is that just the airports served?

https://rew31.ultipro.com/nor1020/Jo...F34815CF1DF254

Requisition Number17-0519
Post Date1/9/2018
TitleNAC First Officer
CityANC/HNL/LAX/MIA
Right now we know HNL will be a base when they get ETOPS. The first 767 is currently flying HNL-LAX with ATI crews under a dry lease agreement,
Second 767 will fly out of MIA for Strat Air (another company owned by Saltchuk that currently leases planes from ABX to fly their routes)

There has been talk of plans to fly routes out of LAX and other stuff they are interested in. All depends on what contracts they can pick up.

The assumption is they have some plan since the third 767 will be delivered soon.

and both NAC and Aloha are Teamsters. a joint contract is currently being negotiated.
How is the schedule for ANC based crews? Is it possible to be ANC based or are they making new hires TDY?
Quote: How is the schedule for ANC based crews? Is it possible to be ANC based or are they making new hires TDY?
Every pilot at NAC is ANC based. Whether or not a junior pilot is able to hold a given line (ANC or on-demand) is entirely dependent on the whims of those senior to him, which can change from month to month.
Quote: How is the schedule for ANC based crews? Is it possible to be ANC based or are they making new hires TDY?
well they are opening a MIA base on April 1 for the 767, so things will change. I'll betting a lot of the ANC guys don't want to commute or move to MIA, so that will mean the vacancies will go to new hires because that will be the only openings.
Parked next to NAC’s shiny new 767-300 this morning. They’re doing proving runs with revenue freight between MIA and SJU now.

If I was a younger guy I would seriously consider working for them! Pays decent with the $10,000 retention money. Probably make Captain fairly quickly. I am guessing junior guys would be based in MIA.

I suspect we might loose a few 151ers to them.
Quote: Parked next to NAC’s shiny new 767-300 this morning. They’re doing proving runs with revenue freight between MIA and SJU now.

If I was a younger guy I would seriously consider working for them! Pays decent with the $10,000 retention money. Probably make Captain fairly quickly. I am guessing junior guys would be based in MIA.

I suspect we might loose a few 151ers to them.
If things tank here at ABX and Northern puts us MIA guys in the left seat, (assuming the NAC guys don't want to commute or move to Miami) I would seriously consider it. Especially if it's out and backs and the money is right. On a side note, they have to seriously get their ground staff under control. They have absolutely no concept of "on time".
Quote: If things tank here at ABX and Northern puts us MIA guys in the left seat, (assuming the NAC guys don't want to commute or move to Miami) I would seriously consider it. Especially if it's out and backs and the money is right. On a side note, they have to seriously get their ground staff under control. They have absolutely no concept of "on time".
Well they’ve never flown express freight like us. Totally different mindset.
Does anyone know how close they are to getting 76 rates? I mean the plane is flying now, right? What are they paying for it. Looked at the rates here and those 73 rates are sad.

Are the NAC pilots gonna join the ranks of "corrosion corner" in MIA?
Quote: Does anyone know how close they are to getting 76 rates? I mean the plane is flying now, right? What are they paying for it. Looked at the rates here and those 73 rates are sad.

Are the NAC pilots gonna join the ranks of "corrosion corner" in MIA?
I wonder if Western Global is part of the “corrosion corner” in 36st MIA god!!! I hope not
5  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  25 
Page 15 of 37
Go to