Any UAV pilot contractor jobs?

Subscribe
7  8  9  10  11 
Page 11 of 11
Go to
Quote: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems has a few pilot positions open.

UAV PILOT I
UAV PILOT I
UAV PILOT I
UAV PILOT I

Starting pay is in the mid-60s, deployment incentives can boost that up to the $160k range.
Correction to the above:

Starting pay during training (and when stateside between deployments) is about $50k/yr. Deployment pay listed is accurate.

If you can handle the deployments, GA appears to be a great company to work for. First time I've ever made money (per diem, GSA rate) on a job interview.

They're still hiring.
Any updates on Insitu?

And anyone have experience in non-FSR jobs with them? Find the company/location interesting. Wouldn't mind being an FSR for a while to get a foot in the door, but not what I want to do long term.

And thoughts on doing this vs. flying for Dynamic/Avenge/etc? Pay, benefits?
As far as I know, they were looking at hiring some FSR's a few months back in September, but stuff changes constantly with training spots and manning. I think the company is great compared to other contractors. I've spent time at both GA and Insitu, and I enjoyed my time at Insitu much better. A little better pay and ALOT more time off. The location up in WA/OR is fantastic if you like the outdoors, plenty of stuff to do and see. I would recommend them to anyone. As far as that type of work vs manned ISR. Manned hands down. The pay/bennies are all fairly close to where it really isn't a factor. The uav stuff overall is just plain freaking boring. It used to be fun oh about 4 years ago when the missions were there, but now...not so much. I'd rather fly manned doing circles all day. Thats just my opinion, different strokes for different folks.
only job in 30 will be UAV commanders.
Sorry to revive an old(ish) thread, but any companies hiring for deployed UAV positions?
BS Aeronautics
PPL 50 hours (plan on getting through CFII within 6 months)
Not tied down, so ready to leave when needed
TS SSBI was initiated for Air Force, but not sure if that can be continued by another company
7  8  9  10  11 
Page 11 of 11
Go to