Colgan Changes Rules again to SUIT THEM

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Page 4 of 11
Go to
Quote: lean back for a second and think about where this thread has gone... mgmt loves this! A rant/issue is posted publicly and it ends up with pilots bickering with EACH OTHER. Everyone preaches unity and unions, or just claims to all be in this same industry together but we are all just knocking each other down. No, I don't have a solution to recommend- but look at the BIG picture industry wise. A single mgmt group reinventing the wheel can quickly become the "Status quo" which helps nobody. Look at reduced rest, look at low pay rates, look at PBS. These are now "lessons" but unity (throughout the industry, not doing a union ad here) can keep things in our court. This is BS for those at 9L.

That being said- VOTE ALPA. (had to put it in somewhere!)
exactly, enough with the high horse BS and stop trying to knock down guys here who are working hard to improve the situation.
Colgan guys will be opening up an ALPA Vote real soon here, at least they are trying to improve things.
I know we r going to have a apla vote but what about teamsters. Someone told me that they had enough cards but I havnt heard about a vote
Quote: Yeah, same here, I'm a relatively senior FO with the time requirements. When I called to ask about upgrades, they STRESSED that it's based on seniority. yeah, that's fine and I'm totally for that. seriously, who are they trying to BS?
The only thing you will gain is turboprop PIC (which, IMO, will not get you far). Get hired at a larger regional. Second year FO pay is better than what you will make as a captain! Then upgrade, get jet PIC and go from there!
When there is a vote, you can vote for whoever you want. Even though ALPA intitiated the vote, it doesn't mean that you are restricted to voting for ALPA alone. As long as over 50% of pilots PARTICIPATE in the vote (i.e. vote yes for a union), then whatever union gets the majority of those that participated wins.
Quote: I know we r going to have a apla vote but what about teamsters. Someone told me that they had enough cards but I havnt heard about a vote
Please do yourself a favor!! Ask ANY CHQ, Shuttle, or Republic pilot how they like the teamsters. You might as well stay non-union rather than paying the teamsters.
Quote: Man am I glad I didnt go to class on Oct 7!!!
As of right now I couldn't be happier with the fact that as long as I pass my checkride tomorrow I have a job.... I have a number of friends who are still out working random and mostly boring jobs just to pay the bills..... being furloughed sucks.
Quote: The only thing you will gain is turboprop PIC (which, IMO, will not get you far). Get hired at a larger regional. Second year FO pay is better than what you will make as a captain! Then upgrade, get jet PIC and go from there!
And what regional pays 2nd year FOs over $40/hr.?
Quote: I know we r going to have a apla vote but what about teamsters. Someone told me that they had enough cards but I havnt heard about a vote
I'd go with ALPA over Teamsters. ALPA isn't great, but they do at least specialize. They also have many more resources that you just won't get with Teamsters. The ALPA Aeromedical unit is just one small example of a service available to members that you won't get with the others...

Quote: And what regional pays 2nd year FOs over $40/hr.?
I think he was pinting out some of the places start their 1900 CA's around 36 an hour which is only about 2-4 more than a second year FO at a larger regional... except you have an s-load more responsibility as a 1900 CA without getting the financial compensation for it. There is no reason that anybody should take on the responsibility of being a part 121 CA for that kind of money.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Page 4 of 11
Go to