FDX - Where are the STBYs

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 6
Go to
Now they can give all reserves 1 hour show because there are no airport standbys.
Talked to a buddy I know from scheduling. Here's the scoop. Apparently, there will be airport standbys, but they won't be added until GOC tells them what they want for the next launch based on what, if any, spare jets they expect to have. Apparently for the am launch, that means the call won't be made until 11pm or so the night before, and for the afternoon, sometime earlier that same day. The idea is to increase reserve utilization rather than having them snatched out of open time, especially when on some nights they have 2 or 3 standbys for some equipment types, and 1 or no spare planes of that equipment type.
Quote: You originally said no more airport standbys. Then you changed it. Why? Enlighten us O Knowledgeable One...
I was wondering that too.

Also:

Should we worry yet?
standbyes are gone..not hard to figure that one out...things are getting worse....seems like everything is on the table now...good luck to the bottom 700! o knowledgeable one..aka cakeeater out!
Sarcasm light on...

Can the company hold back Standby periods? Past precedent indicates they've always been dropped into open time.

Fly the contract, or is precedent a one way street?

56. OPEN TIME
A trip or base standby period which is or becomes unassigned for any reason.

25. A.6b.i

6. A pilot shall be provided access to the Company's computer systems and data in order to view:
a. all bid awards and trips.
b. information related to open time as follows:
i. in crew positions where the Company is using automated systems for
trip assignment and trading (currently DReAM and the automated trip
trade system), and such systems are functioning, all open time in the
current bid period (and in the next bid period after open time is
released) shall be visible in “real time,”
except during periods when:
(a) the daily assignment process is taking place.
(b) the system(s) is paused to allow manual processing functions; or
(c) the system(s) affecting open time administration is not running
due to system maintenance, upgrades, etc.
ii. in crew positions where such automated system(s) is not functioning,
trip pairings more than 40.5 hours prior to showtime shall be visible to
pilots accessing the open time interface.
iii. a trip(s) may be frozen to allow assignment by CRS. When a trip is
frozen, it will be visible, but displayed in a manner indicating that it is
available only to CRS.
Forgetaboutit
Quote: standbyes are gone..not hard to figure that one out...things are getting worse....seems like everything is on the table now...good luck to the bottom 700! o knowledgeable one..aka cakeeater out!
My read was that this was a standard poker move...no standbys, all the Airline Pilot Central boards go wild with speculation, the F word flies, despair and fear sets in...let's just stand firm and watch. Don't blink.
No Trips Found
Hey--this is a first! Don't need to enter a code--'cause there ain't nuttin' dare.
Quote: Hey--this is a first! Don't need to enter a code--'cause there ain't nuttin' dare.

All we need to do is if you are on reserve, state a/c and seat and if you are assigned a trip.

Then we'll see if reserve utilization goes out of the roof because they are hiding open-time. My guess is, hide it...makes it look like there is no flying and a true surplus to an arbitrator, then call reserves to fly it since utilization has been so low. You accomplish multiple tasks this way, reserves get used, no cost to the company.......it looks like there is serious overmanning, and they don't have to pay us to fly it at M/U. Win, win, win for the company. We just have to figure out how to figure it out!

For the record, no trips in open time......way past number 15 on the Capt list and I got called for a trip 3 hours ago!
Checked Vips a while ago. ZERO trips in EVERY SEAT. Something stinks guys! There is NO WAY an airline this size has not one single trip available all the way till the end of the month. I don't buy it. Especially when the leveling list for the last three days have every Captain on it flying....EVERY ONE!
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 6
Go to