Pacific Wings Fired For Pilots Starting Union???

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 8
Go to
My favorite thing about the company was when you ask if you can either switch shifts or get a certain shift on a certain day, because if you don't know it is a operation where you call at 8pm the night before and find out you have the 5am show, and they would purposily give you the oppisite of what you asked just to show they had power. Every monday you have a early am show and every friday you flew the last flight.
sounds like it would be better to be unemployed than to work there... how sad...
I had an interview there last year. It didn't take more than 5 minutes to see the mix was bad. They gave the interviewing responsibilities to a FO that told me he started there with about 300 hrs TT. Nothing wrong with his time except I found it odd as I was interviewing for a Captain position. The pilot doing the interviewing did not seem comfortable doing it either. My guess was the company told him to gather info. I answered the questions and the pilot was scribbling down the my response's although many times he wrote something different from my answer. Normally I would have said something but found the whole thing pretty pathetic knowing I wouldn't work there anyhow. I heard they lost the gov contracts for those NM routes. If so they are not likely to be around much longer.
New news. Pacific Wings, whose only remote reason for recent terminations was: "The company is going through some changes, and the economic environment is not going well..." is interviewing candidates for employment TODAY.

Times must be tough indeed.
Were the 10 pilots all based in Hawaii or were there some from the ABQ and ATL operations?
The number of terminated pilots being 10 is incorrect, and an oversight by one of our comrades. I myself said 9, but as you can probably understand I have been in an emotional roller-coaster over the last couple of days. It seems like it has already been weeks since this event occurred.

8 pilots were terminated on 1/31/09. 1 Captain from Georgia Skies, and 3 Captains and 4 First Officers of a total of 13 pilots in HI under Pacific Wings.

And again, all who were terminated were done so under the suspicion and rumor of union organization by management.
If you want to deal with the same **** go to Mokulele airlines. They need a Union as well.
ahhhh Mokulele was doing so well.....they were better than PW and was a great place to work....then the wrong people sweet talked Bill Boyer and things just changed.....so I did what anyone who does not like there job did and found another one.....
Quote: ahhhh Mokulele was doing so well.....they were better than PW and was a great place to work....then the wrong people sweet talked Bill Boyer and things just changed.....so I did what anyone who does not like there job did and found another one.....
hey me too!!!
Yep,,pretty much what I did too. However, I'm now sorta stuck waiting out the industry and just flying contract for now, but its better than being miserable at a job you dont like.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 8
Go to