Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Part 135
Pacific Wings Fired For Pilots Starting Union??? >

Pacific Wings Fired For Pilots Starting Union???

Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Pacific Wings Fired For Pilots Starting Union???

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 05:15 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2009

Well I have what some call a great deal of experience in management, and am working to match my experience in the cockpit. From what I saw of that company, rarely did the mistake made by a pilot or counter agent deserve the extremely harsh punishments that were handed out. I was one person that left for not enjoying the job, but you have to keep in mind many people cannot afford to move to Maui and then just jump ship and move back to the mainland. It takes a decent amount of money to make those moves, so many pilots are in a positions where they just have to stick it out for long enough to gather the money to escape the line of rocks in the Pacific known as Hawaii. The other thing that most of the pilots were probably thinking is there are few pilot jobs out there right now, and many of the SIC's are completely out of the flying gig if they do not have a CFI. There are few jobs in the market to begin with and even fewer that want a low time pilot. I dont think it is really a fare comment to say if you dont like your job just quit. Nor is it a practical way of doing things. If everyone that didnt like there job "just quit" than more than 1/2 of this countries work force would be unemployed. At least I assume a number around 1/2.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:00 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Very interesting thread indeed!!!
I was invited to HI for interview & sim eval to be placed in a hiring pool a few months back. What shocked me the most about the page long (apology-?) letter they send me before starting the process was that they make people toss bags for weeks and months (SIC's) and you have to go through the ranks of ramprats and reservations to get to fly a stupid Caravan... Then there was this ridicoulous training contract... I was advised to ask for interview & eval to be performed on the mainland, which was not possible.

Just make your way down here and ask for your interview, and we will take it from there.
I was literally ROFL!

Realistically, with the desperate state of the industry, does anyone really think they will have trouble recruiting the lemmings they need to keep the ship afloat? From what I hear people are just about ready to kill for a right seat in a 172 and would even pay for that...

Good luck to all involved. More luck to those who either got fired or are no longer involved...
Old 02-08-2009, 09:49 PM
Gets Weekends Off

It is not a question of if they can find the people to fill it, I am sure they can. But what do you say to your people you just furloughed because the economy is bad??
Old 02-08-2009, 10:42 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by nancy33 View Post
It is not a question of if they can find the people to fill it, I am sure they can. But what do you say to your people you just furloughed because the economy is bad??
The same I would say to a gas station attendant that lost his job because the company decided that removing 40 hours of labor per week would fix a drowning badly managed company from doom. Look for something else. That is, if you ever trained to do something else.

I doubt highly that PW's actions have anything to do with the economy.
My thought is that they got rid of people who could get them in trouble for being a lousy operation. There are lots of people with a lot of integrity in this business, and PW will go down the pipes, if not over this, then over something else. I'm sorry for the people who had to put up with their crap, but am glad they walked away from it, able to complain and tell.
Maybe it can serve others to ask questions and research more before jumpin into this head first.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:39 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by JV811 View Post
I wasn't there long enough, but I think you guys are taking this way out of context. As far as how many times I actually saw Gabe...he's the president of the company. I'm surprised I saw him the amount of times I actually did.

You are obviously hurt and angry by what happened, but it seems like you didn't enjoy your job with the company to begin with so why were you wasting your time with PW? If you guys do take legal action then I wish you the best!

RPJ, yeah, I didn't pick up on who you were first, but I remember you.
This poster (JV811) is an impostor. The real Jason (JV) confirmed this and said he never posted anything on this forum. This impostor (JV811) is probably someone who still works for PW and is spewing out BS and misinformation.

So to all people reading this.........JV811 is a weak willed individual that is impersonating a pilot. Don't listen to a word of what this person posts.
Old 02-11-2009, 06:15 PM
On Reserve

HAHA thats funny.
Old 02-11-2009, 06:21 PM
On Reserve

Actually that's pitiful, but still pretty funny.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:39 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Default Update!

I am proud to announce publicly that in the last few days the NLRB is currently investigating (and has contacted) Pacific Wings LLC concerning the termination of the 8 pilots who were suspected of union organization. Thought you guys would like to know.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:48 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: Left

Thats good news! I like to hear things like that!
Old 02-27-2009, 01:15 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2007

Can anyone let me know how to share my horrific and illeagal termination from Pathetic Wings with the NLRB to add to their current investigation? A website or phone number would be very appreciated. I hope those hoofed and horned besterds get what's coming to them and I'd love to do my part to help. Thank you.