Spirit of NKS

Subscribe
93  493  543  583  589  590  591  592  593  594  595  596  597  603  643  693  1093 
Page 593 of 1412
Go to
You jelly, bro?
Quote:
Flight Operations made a couple of days ago a presentation to upper management on EFBs. It included a solid financial analysis with return on investment. I am being told the return on investment would be within a two year time frame with every pilot given an iPad. Upper management seemed to have liked the cost analysis. Now it's the waiting game. If they pull the trigger, I am being told we could have them in 4 to 6 months from now. Don't hold your breath though.
Good news, let's hope it materializes.
Quote: Flight Operations made a couple of days ago a presentation to upper management on EFBs. It included a solid financial analysis with return on investment. I am being told the return on investment would be within a two year time frame with every pilot given an iPad. Upper management seemed to have liked the cost analysis. Now it's the waiting game. If they pull the trigger, I am being told we could have them in 4 to 6 months from now. Don't hold your breath though.
Do you know if they were still looking at NOS charts?
Quote: Flight Operations made a couple of days ago a presentation to upper management on EFBs. It included a solid financial analysis with return on investment. I am being told the return on investment would be within a two year time frame with every pilot given an iPad. Upper management seemed to have liked the cost analysis. Now it's the waiting game. If they pull the trigger, I am being told we could have them in 4 to 6 months from now. Don't hold your breath though.
I just bought an iPad for training too!!

We used them in the USAF, the savings on printing, weight and updating was huge.
It'll be nice if we could download releases, then just print a station copy to sign.
I should have asked this question. I didn't. I assume it will still be Jeppesen because of the international flights. I will ask. All I know is flight operation is really pushing for it. The presentation was solid. It's in upper management hands now.
Quote: It'll be nice if we could download releases, then just print a station copy to sign.
Good point. You would think electronic releases would pay for the device PDQ. I've seen 80+ page releases. Wonder what the ink budget is.
Quote:
Quote: It'll be nice if we could download releases, then just print a station copy to sign.
Good point. You would think electronic releases would pay for the device PDQ. I've seen 80+ page releases. Wonder what the ink budget is.
I don't really know what's more expensive amount of paper, ink or a delay waiting for the rls or reviewing the rls.
I heard our paper bid packages cost the company about $8000 a month.
Quote:
I heard our paper bid packages cost the company about $8000 a month.

That will probably increase with our new frequencies.
93  493  543  583  589  590  591  592  593  594  595  596  597  603  643  693  1093 
Page 593 of 1412
Go to