Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

Subscribe
9029  9529  9929  9979  10019  10025  10026  10027  10028  10029  10030  10031  10032  10033  10039  10079  10129  10529  11029 
Page 10029 of 20173
Go to
Quote: Good for you. Enjoy your BK rates on the Mad Dog for another 5 years.
18% over the next 4 years is still bankruptcy rates.

I think you might wanna lighten up a little.
Quote: This thing is supposed to ride on the details, and Section 1, because it certainly isn't going to ride on the rates, right?

If so, who thought it would be a good idea to give a 477-page reading assignment, where the details are buried? I can't even get my brain to latch on to Section 1. Every time I think I've got it, it runs into an "excused compliance" clause, and I freeze up as I need to reboot.

Still keeping an open mind, but TO's letter and the delivery of this thing... not good.
This is a fascinating comment. So the contract is 477 pages (I'll take your word for it) That is a difficult assignment no doubt, and since it is written by ********* lawyers FOR ********* lawyers, it is esoteric, vague, hard to read language. But...... if DALPA comes out in road shows to explain the contract language in plain English that most of us speak, it is a "sell job". I guess they can't win that, huh?

(And this is not a comment on YOU Sink...)
Quote: Unbelievable. The ta is now on the website and in the scope section it says if the company gets a new narrowbody plane type they can go up to a total of 223 76 jets with still 102 70 seat jets. That's right 70 more 76 seaters!!! HELL NO!
They can have ALL the 76 seaters they want....but flown w/ DAL pilots. What's so difficult to understand?

Baja.
Quote: Can you say "meet and confer?"

Company will hire 35% of new hires
in Delta pilot new-hire classes in each trailing twelve
month period (to the extent airmen are available) with ALPA-represented
airmen at Delta Connection Carriers, subject to such airmen meeting the
Company’s competitive hiring standards, and subject to the Company’s
objectives for diversity and experience among newly hired pilots. Airmen who
flow up pursuant to LOA #24 and LOA #25 count toward satisfaction of such
minimum percentage.
What is this, is this in section 1 of the agreement? What does it mean? Alpa carriers would be Express JET Pinnacle/Mesaba, compass and comair. 35% of a class of 50 would be 17 split between 5 companies. The question is, where do you get the rest of the candidates when united and usair will also be hiring later.
Dr. House finale tonight.
Can't find the wording for Minimum Daily Pay. What is the new daily pay/credit in the TA?
Quote: This is a fascinating comment. So the contract is 477 pages (I'll take your word for it) That is a difficult assignment no doubt, and since it is written by ********* lawyers FOR ********* lawyers, it is esoteric, vague, hard to read language. But...... if DALPA comes out in road shows to explain the contract language in plain English that most of us speak, it is a "sell job". I guess they can't win that, huh?

(And this is not a comment on YOU Sink...)
C'mon T! I respect you...but you can't possibly be defending this POS...right?
Quote: They can have ALL the 76 seaters they want....but flown w/ DAL pilots. What's so difficult to understand?

Baja.
^^^^^This in the TA would have been nice.
Quote: ^^^^^This in the TA would have been nice.
Along with another 25% pay-raise.

TEN

PS. The people on our negotiating team must be a wet-dream for a car salesman, HAHAHAHAHA!!!!<--I had to vent
Quote: What is this, is this in section 1 of the agreement? What does it mean? Alpa carriers would be Express JET Pinnacle/Mesaba, compass and comair. 35% of a class of 50 would be 17 split between 5 companies. The question is, where do you get the rest of the candidates when united and usair will also be hiring later.
The truth is, I dont have a problem with the concept of hiring people who have been flying DAL passengers for years. That is NOT the issue I have.

The issue I have is that this wording further brings the ALPA conflict of interest to Delta's doorstep front and center. It also is contractual and further cements ALPA's position as the bargaining agent for DCI carriers...of which there are some non-ALPA affiliated carriers.

This isn't about unity, this is about ALPA the Corporation.
9029  9529  9929  9979  10019  10025  10026  10027  10028  10029  10030  10031  10032  10033  10039  10079  10129  10529  11029 
Page 10029 of 20173
Go to