Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

Subscribe
502  1002  1402  1452  1492  1498  1499  1500  1501  1502  1503  1504  1505  1506  1512  1552  1602  2002  2502 
Page 1502 of 20173
Go to
Quote: I suspect that if we manage to retain the 100 seat flying through some kind of replacement aircraft, this is how it will be couched, with further scope givebacks. The argument will be framed as a win because "we saved the 100 seat flying" despite the fact that it was ours to begin with.

Nu
No kidding. I've got the gain turned up on my radar for just that scenario.

Management could use some more RJ flying awards to induce current operators to amend contracts.
Quote: Surprised no one else has bought this up yet...

Some really good guys got nominated to run for C44 Rep positions today. Congratulations to those selected. Even those who did not win were terrific people and most pilots in attendance found it difficult to chose amongst very competitive candidates. It was a tough choice.

It is my hope that all who ran for a nomination are willing to serve in other capacities too. It's good to see the quality of people that step up for our association!

Disregard found it....
Nu,

1) The first problem with a simple "polling rep" lies in the access to information. This is particularly true now that we get regular briefings from Delta under NDA's (which is both a blessing and a curse). Your rep has to know his people, poll them often to make sure he does the best he can, but utlimately, you rely upon judgment and experience AND a willingness to faithfully represent his group. Sending a "pollster" to the MEC is like sending a one-armed man to a wrestling match. I like the idea of seeing new blood, but that doesn't mean I don't want the most effective, most intelligent person up there.

2) I'm sure (I hope, anyway) you're kidding about all councils being the same, and wanting the same things. Different councils have different interests, for different reasons. This is especially true when it comes to simple issues, such as commuting, and reserves, co-terminal stuff, etc. We also have different cultures, and different approaches.
Quote: Aaaahh, how did I get more senior in my position after this North AE? The DC-9 must REALLY suck.
Where did you look to figure out what happened to your relative seniority in position? And why is the same information repeated over and over again in the AE? Anyone?
The rep has to take everything into consideration, the pilots inputs and other information that may not be available to the pilot population. The decision may not be popular, but should always be in the plots long term interest...which may not be obvious at the time.

The different councils will have parochial interests, than its up to the various reps to convince the others of their needs.

Where I would like the line pilot to have more input, and possible even a direct vote is for the National ALPA officers.
Quote: Where did you look to figure out what happened to your relative seniority in position? And why is the same information repeated over and over again in the AE? Anyone?
So you can look it up by category displacing from, or category displacing to.
Quote: Where I would like the line pilot to have more input, and possible even a direct vote is for the National ALPA officers.
Too bad "Amen" is less than ten characters long...
Quote: Too bad "Amen" is less than ten characters long...
How about, "Amen!!!"
Quote: Where did you look to figure out what happened to your relative seniority in position? And why is the same information repeated over and over again in the AE? Anyone?
I looked in the last 1/2 of the award and saw that 2 people came into the list ahead of me and 8 people came in behind me. Or, was that the first 1/2? It was. Wait. The second 1/2 showed that 8 people were displaced, so I'm 2 numbers junior to where I was before.

Holy Cow. Learning some of this South stuff for me is like catching fish barehanded. Once I think I've caught it and tell everyone, I realize I never had it at all. In about an hour I'll convince myself again that the AE shows I'm 8 numbers senior to where I was. The bottom line is that I know nothing.

New K Now
Quote: Holy Cow. Learning some of this South stuff for me is like catching fish barehanded. Once I think I've caught it and tell everyone, I realize I never had it at all. In about an hour I'll convince myself again that the AE shows I'm 8 numbers senior to where I was. The bottom line is that I know nothing.
They usually publish a future category list soon after the bid is published where you can find how how far you got pushed down. ;-)
502  1002  1402  1452  1492  1498  1499  1500  1501  1502  1503  1504  1505  1506  1512  1552  1602  2002  2502 
Page 1502 of 20173
Go to