Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

Subscribe
18722  19222  19622  19672  19712  19718  19719  19720  19721  19722  19723  19724  19725  19726  19732  19772  19822 
Page 19722 of 20173
Go to
Quote: Thank you sir. Too junior to typically be able to get these trips and thus can’t remember as I don’t have repetition. The search function (or user error) is failing me.
The night before is the usual time but I have been released after reporting. Just a warning.
Quote: The night before is the usual time but I have been released after reporting. Just a warning.
I actually got released 5 min after my last post. I was definitely worrying about your warning but it looks like I’ll be sleeping in tomorrow. Thanks for the replies everyone; much appreciated.
Quote: I actually got released 5 min after my last post. I was definitely worrying about your warning but it looks like I’ll be sleeping in tomorrow. Thanks for the replies everyone; much appreciated.
I've had them not release me until morning of, and a buddy once had to show at the gate before being released. A vast majority of the time I was released by 7pm the night prior.
Quote: I've had them not release me until morning of, and a buddy once had to show at the gate before being released. A vast majority of the time I was released by 7pm the night prior.
That's pretty bad for an OE. Now a TQ or SAQ, they don't typically release an FO until after report and they don't have to release one at all. But that's not covered in the PWA like a release for OE is in 23 G.5. They are 2 different animals.
Quote: I've had them not release me until morning of, and a buddy once had to show at the gate before being released. A vast majority of the time I was released by 7pm the night prior.
I've had to show the day of for an OE release before.... usually when weather may disrupt ops and crew scheds worried about missed commute.
Consider your self lucky....back in my day the FO had to ride along for three legs to be sure the OE student could land the plane.
Quote: Consider your self lucky....back in my day the FO had to ride along for three legs to be sure the OE student could land the plane.
Yep that's the way it was when I was hired.... I thought it was just me!
Quote: Consider your self lucky....back in my day the FO had to ride along for three legs to be sure the OE student could land the plane.
Also and interesting fact from history, the earth is round. Airliners had spinning blades on the front of their engines call propellers too. Seriously, I’m not joking, sometimes more than one.
That wasn't that long ago... Was still a thing in 2007! I guess it went away later that year, as it was an old holdover from the FE days.

The other FO recently back from furlough that rode along was sure thrilled to finally see new hires. I was unable to pay for a beer that trip.
Quote: Also and interesting fact from history, the earth is round. Airliners had spinning blades on the front of their engines call propellers too. Seriously, I’m not joking, sometimes more than one.
Ok, I get it. Let me say what I wanted to say in the first place......I don’t give a sh*t if you don’t get released until show time. You’re being paid for the trip.....get over it.
18722  19222  19622  19672  19712  19718  19719  19720  19721  19722  19723  19724  19725  19726  19732  19772  19822 
Page 19722 of 20173
Go to