Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

Subscribe
8555  9055  9455  9505  9545  9551  9552  9553  9554  9555  9556  9557  9558  9559  9565  9605  9655  10055  10555 
Page 9555 of 20173
Go to
Quote: Anderson at the Aviation Summit today.

Richard Anderson Remarks at Aviation Summit - C-SPAN Video Library
Totally agreed with buzz.... however at the end when he says he'd prefer to have two experienced Delta captains in his cockpit:

SCOOOOOOPPPPPEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Great Presentation,

Funny how some of the themes he laments affecting Delta parallel the laments of the Delta pilots vis-avis the corporation. Me thinks there is some room for synergy ;-)

I do think there is some opportunity to gain more favorable conditions from the govenment for the US airline industry - that is working with the government.
The current approach of taking a highly visible hard line hasn't exactly worked in Delta's favor, perhaps more constructive engagement would deliver better, more timely results...

And lastly, I like his voice from behind the podium much better than when he sits at C.E. Woolmans desk, I just can't quite put my finger on it ;-)

Cheers
George
Quote: Totally agreed with buzz.... however at the end when he says he'd prefer to have two experienced Delta captains in his cockpit...
+1

If RA manages to deliver a fraction of what he proposes, it will be good for Delta, RA and Delta pilots...

Cheers
George
Quote: Totally agreed with buzz.... however at the end when he says he'd prefer to have two experienced Delta captains in his cockpit:

SCOOOOOOPPPPPEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
He can....in most cases, he already does. Just need to get that other flying back! Our CA's are certainly industry leading and I KNOW our FOs are!
Quote: Zillow is really out of date and just flat wrong.

Advice that will save a buyer at least 15 to 25% ... find a Delta guy who's flipping houses in the area and who does pretty good volume. Most will provide excellent, free, advice.

Be careful with Real Estate Agents. There are some good ones, but most are just trying to make a sale, any sale, and at any cost. I'm constantly surprised at how inexpert they are at Real Estate. There is a lot of ways to save money ... like managing your Title Insurance during the buy that can save several percentage points. It adds up.
Like a lot of professionals, a GREAT (very hard to find) Real Estate Agent is worth his weight in Gold (I know people have done OK without them). For me, I live in a small town and met a couple of very nice guys well before I needed their services and they did a great job with my recent purchase (small town Southern Nevada). Ask other Delta guys in the area who they used (check them out, ask them questions, are you comfortable with their style AND do they know the area you want to live). Still a great time to buy.
Quote: He can....in most cases, he already does. Just need to get that other flying back! Our CA's are certainly industry leading and I KNOW our FOs are!

Yep,

Nothing like a second decade in the right seat to perfect ones skills.
And unlike me, a lot of FOs don't need two decades to practice.
Scoop

WOW!! I remember being blown away like this when he was before congress right after 9/11.

I thought his presentation sorta wondered a bit.........what happens when you're crazy smart with so much info rattling around in your brain

Now, if he comes across with a great contract too...........

Ferd
Quote: Um why?

And don't give me that crap about seniority jumping outta base. Every senior pilot would have the choice to bid out of base to do the same thing. It's just a gamble. If you choose to gamble with your seniority you should be able to.
You wanna fly outta my base, bid my base. You call it seniority jumping "crap", I disagree. Also, is the little fact that when this is done, the company will figure that they don't need as many reserves, so that will eventually cost jobs... all so you can get that trip that your seniority won't hold at YOUR base....
Quote: You wanna fly outta my base, bid my base. You call it seniority jumping "crap", I disagree. Also, is the little fact that when this is done, the company will figure that they don't need as many reserves, so that will eventually cost jobs... all so you can get that trip that your seniority won't hold at YOUR base....
Ex-act-ly!
Quote: You wanna fly outta my base, bid my base. You call it seniority jumping "crap", I disagree. Also, is the little fact that when this is done, the company will figure that they don't need as many reserves, so that will eventually cost jobs... all so you can get that trip that your seniority won't hold at YOUR base....
So all that matters is the number of reserves??? How bout all the people that prefer quality of life and don't chase the almighty dollar?
8555  9055  9455  9505  9545  9551  9552  9553  9554  9555  9556  9557  9558  9559  9565  9605  9655  10055  10555 
Page 9555 of 20173
Go to