Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

Subscribe
8959  9459  9859  9909  9949  9955  9956  9957  9958  9959  9960  9961  9962  9963  9969  10009  10059  10459  10959 
Page 9959 of 20173
Go to
Q&A Synopsis (not guaranteed to be perfect ... had to share attention with Thomas the Train and Elmo)

US Airways / American merger – Impact on Delta?

No comment, but consolidation is one of the things that allows the industry to generate its cost of capital going forward.

Effect of Refinery Buy?

Numbers based on forward looking prediction curves. Currently we are on a “pre-pay” system as a relic of bankruptcy. This will actually free up cash since since we will only hold the product while we are refining it. Through swaps, this will cover 80% of our domestic jet fuel requirements.

June unit revenue?

Up high single digits

Do you see less reliance on third party regional airlines?

Not less, but different reliance. We will be changing the mix. It may be a bit less, but still a big part of the contributor to Delta Air Lines.

Revenue?

Joint Venture partners are also pulling out 5% over the Atlantic. The revenue benefit far outweighs the increased cost of network rationalization. We are managing the shoulder periods much more aggressively and will continue to do so.

Tokyo Hub? How will Asia routes change?

$300 Million dollar revenue loss due to Tsunami. We continue to down gauge and rationalize the interport market. We will continue to selectively reduce.

New Aircraft?

Can't speak for other airlines. XXX Margin is based on a numerator and a denominator, we work on both. (non answer, IMO)
Thanks for the responses.
Bar;

Its Thomas the tank engine. Sheesh man get your facts straight. (smiley)
Quote: Still makes me wonder how DTW is chock full of 737s and MD-88s at 6am flown by ATL and NYC pilots, but it's apparently forbidden to give those management haters in DTW a plane to fly where they live. Driving to work. What a concept.

Man, this really P!55es me off. I moved to DTW to be home more and not commute, and am stuck on the DC9 flying terrible 4 and 5 day trips entirely out of ATL while those guys are up here on long layovers and flying the good routes out of DTW. We need a 737 base here yesterday!
Saw this and thought I'd share as an interesting diversion:

Fibonacci numbers - The Fingerprint of God | quietube
Quote: Saw this and thought I'd share as an interesting diversion:

Fibonacci numbers - The Fingerprint of God | quietube
Fascinating stuff-I'm going to repost on Facebook.
Quote: ...while those guys are up here on long layovers and flying the good routes out of DTW....
Yep. Flying the DC-9, on long layovers in Detroit, and getting to fly the good Detroit routes?! Say what?? Those lucky ATL guys must be living the dream. Time for them to pay their fair share.

Quote: Yep. Flying the DC-9, on long layovers in Detroit, and getting to fly the good Detroit routes?! Say what?? Those lucky ATL guys must be living the dream. Time for them to pay their fair share.

Couldn't have said it better myself!
WTH is going on with our stock today?
Quote: WTH is going on with our stock today?
If I could answer this very question, my friend: I would be a whole lot richer

TEN
8959  9459  9859  9909  9949  9955  9956  9957  9958  9959  9960  9961  9962  9963  9969  10009  10059  10459  10959 
Page 9959 of 20173
Go to