FDX passover rumor

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 6
Go to
POPA/Passover LOA
Quote: I think the senior pilot will begin to accrue passover pay when the junior pilot activates, but he won't actually collect it until he himself activates...
See the last line from Redeye's contract quote.
The Passover rules changed with the POPA/Passover LOA signed in November 2002.
    Check out page 5 of 8 for the applicable section.

FC
    Quote: The Passover rules changed with the POPA/Passover LOA signed in November 2002.Check out page 5 of 8 for the applicable section.

FC
    I stand corrected.

-'Frater
    Quote:
    The Passover rules changed with the POPA/Passover LOA signed in November 2002.
      Check out page 5 of 8 for the applicable section.

FC
      Well, I learnt sumpin'.

I was amazed that there was a link to that LOA - - I've always thought that the only copies of it were the ones we received in the mail to vote on. Your hyperlink caused me to go digging for it on the FedEx pilot website. I have always opened the PDF version of the contract - - never looked at the HTML version. Lo and behold, it is under the HTML link that we find hyperlinks to other useful documents, such as the LOAs.

Thanks for enlightening me.

Quote: Not true.......there is no 1 for 1. Contractually....... Any senior Pilot who was awarded the same seat position and domicle as the jR pilot rates passover once the Junior Pilot is Activated......assuming the more Senior Pilot was witheld from training and did not waive passover during a training date swap.

Section 24 CBA

Except as provided in Section 24.D.2., D.3. and D.4., required training for a crew position shall be scheduled by system seniority, senior first, for that crew position.

Passover Pay Due To Junior Pilot's Early Activation
      In case of a junior pilot's activation to a higher paying position out of seniority order, every senior pilot who meets the following prerequisites shall be paid as if he had activated in that higher paying position (passover pay):

the junior pilot and the senior pilot(s) hold an award for the same crew position; and

the junior pilot's award is from the same posting as the senior pilot's award or from a subsequent posting and

the Company chooses to activate the junior pilot prior to the senior pilot(s) and the junior pilot's activation delays the training and activation of the senior pilot(s); and

the senior pilot actually activates into his awarded crew position.

Ok it is the last senrtence of those conditions that worry me. What if FedEx just creates additional classes for the newhires that were not orginally awarded in the posting. Since the senior pilots training date has not been chaged or "Delayed" a as a result of the junior pilots activation is passover pay still triggered?
      Quote: Ok it is the last senrtence of those conditions that worry me. What if FedEx just creates additional classes for the newhires that were not orginally awarded in the posting. Since the senior pilots training date has not been chaged or "Delayed" a as a result of the junior pilots activation is passover pay still triggered?
      If you read the LOA on Passover it "appears" to be covered.

If a Jr pilot is activated earlier than a Senior Pilot with an award to a specific A/C from the same or "subsequent" posting then that triggers passover to a senior Pilot with the award.

The problem I see is for newhires............If a new hire (hired this past Monday) gets placed on the 727 S/O but the following week the next new hire class all go to MD-11 FO ANC (Purple Nuggets). They are all Jr to the New hires from the week before..............Time will tell.
      Passover question
      I just looked at the LOA and Section 24 doesn't specify base assigned. Does that mean that the MEM guys waiting to train into the MD-11 will get passover when the first ANC nugget gets thru with IOE?
      Quote: I just looked at the LOA and Section 24 doesn't specify base assigned. Does that mean that the MEM guys waiting to train into the MD-11 will get passover when the first ANC nugget gets thru with IOE?
      Section 24.A.2 reads "A pilot's crew position (i.e., domicile, aircraft and seat), shall be determined by his seniority and standing bid. " Domicile is specifically mentioned as part of "crew position", and of course, is listed as part of every posting. Since everyone waiting for their MEM MD training could have bid ANC on the last posting and been trained earlier, but obviously didn't, as there were unfilled vacancies, my read is they won't get passover.
      Quote: The problem I see is for newhires............If a new hire (hired this past Monday) gets placed on the 727 S/O but the following week the next new hire class all go to MD-11 FO ANC (Purple Nuggets). They are all Jr to the New hires from the week before..............Time will tell.
      Of course, even if the 72 plumbers get passover pay, while on probation, it's a whole $1.83 an hour!
      Quote: Of course, even if the 72 plumbers get passover pay, while on probation, it's a whole $1.83 an hour!
      It was Year 2 and beyond I was speaking of.
      Quote: It was Year 2 and beyond I was speaking of.
      Yeah, but eveyone on the property during the last bid, which was everyone prior to the purple nuggets, including 72 SOs in Basic Indoc, could have held ANC MD11 FO, so it's really not a player YET. Maybe after the next "MOB"

According to my sources at the schoolhouse, those MD nuggets will end when the ANC vacancies are filled.
      1  2  3  4  5  6 
      Page 2 of 6
      Go to