Compass updates

Subscribe
161  211  251  257  258  259  260  261  262  263  264  265  271  311  361  761 
Page 261 of 942
Go to
Quote: I doubt anyone would be surprised if SLC opened instead of LAX or SFO.
The rumor I heard was the company was looking into LAX, SLC, MCI or DFW. SFO is not an option because it will be too expensive. Not sure how accurate this information is, I think we'll just have to wait and see what happens.
Quote: The rumor I heard was the company was looking into LAX, SLC, MCI or DFW. SFO is not an option because it will be too expensive. Not sure how accurate this information is, I think we'll just have to wait and see what happens.
You're right... SLC is probably the most likely but I wouldn't rule out LAX. DFW while it has quite a few commuters, the flows as of right now to the west coast it probably wouldn't be that big of help unless DL wants to start running DFW-LAX/SFO.
Quote: You're right... SLC is probably the most likely but I wouldn't rule out LAX. DFW while it has quite a few commuters, the flows as of right now to the west coast it probably wouldn't be that big of help unless DL wants to start running DFW-LAX/SFO.
I was told that DFW-LAX was part of phase 3.
Quote: Sounds like you're worried about missing the boat. With over 300 pilots leaving in the next 3 years, I wouldn't worry – it'll still be a 2 - 2.5 year upgrade.
from Compass Required Qualifications:

"At least 23 years of age"

"In possession of, or eligible to hold, an unrestricted US multi-engine ATP certificate"

will age 21 pilot with 1800 TT, 1000 multi, 800 turbojet, 200 TPIC, turbo jet PIC type, R-ATP, be considered for Compass FO position?
Quote: from Compass Required Qualifications:

"At least 23 years of age"

"In possession of, or eligible to hold, an unrestricted US multi-engine ATP certificate"

will age 21 pilot with 1800 TT, 1000 multi, 800 turbojet, 200 TPIC, turbo jet PIC type, R-ATP, be considered for Compass FO position?
The contract says ATP and I believe the company is not interpreting that as anything other than a full ATP. Not 100% on that though.
The new vacancy that came out last night didn't include any FO positions. Maybe they're finally catching up? Still looking for that west coast base (or SLC) announcement. I listened to the conference call as well and it sounds like it's coming.
Quote: The new vacancy that came out last night didn't include any FO positions. Maybe they're finally catching up? Still looking for that west coast base (or SLC) announcement. I listened to the conference call as well and it sounds like it's coming.
FO's fill the slots that are vacated by the captain upgrades.
Quote: FO's fill the slots that are vacated by the captain upgrades.
That's one way for a vacancy to work unless the airline is adding FO positions. The vacancy last night included 6 captain upgrade spots with no FOs to fill the upgrading FOs.
Quote: The contract says ATP and I believe the company is not interpreting that as anything other than a full ATP. Not 100% on that though.
Interesting that prior to "1500 hour rule", Compass min quals posted were 1500TT/1000 Multi, age 21+....now 1500/100 w/ATP, age 23+

Compass Airlines
Quote: Interesting that prior to "1500 hour rule", Compass min quals posted were 1500TT/1000 Multi, age 21+....now 1500/100 w/ATP, age 23+

Compass Airlines
Well interesting in the fact that they have given ATPs and PIC types since day 1. Way before the rule started. Like I said it is in the contract. Only 7 were hired back in the day with less than ATP mins.
161  211  251  257  258  259  260  261  262  263  264  265  271  311  361  761 
Page 261 of 942
Go to