Compass updates

Subscribe
14  54  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  74  114  164  564 
Page 64 of 942
Go to
Quote: I agree. 45 day training? I was in training for 85 days, and I didn't have any extra events or re-training. Granted, that was back in the sub-contractor days, but has the footprint really changed since?
We use AQP for training.

Advanced Qualification Program (AQP)
Quote: We use AQP for training.

Advanced Qualification Program (AQP)
I understand

Did you complete your training in 45 days? I had 30 days of at home CD, 1 week of indoc, 1 week of systems and procedures, 2 weeks of sim, 1-2 weeks til oe...

It was 5 months from date of offer until I could bid, but it was two years ago, so it may have improved since.
I got my cd's on Dec 15th of 09' and didn't take my check ride till March 17th. Then oe took another 2.5 weeks.
Pardon the stupid question, but I'm going to ask anyways. Does Compass use Jeppesen charts or should I say... are the EFBs on EMB-175s loaded with Jeppesen charts?
Had a Compass guy on the JS that indicated that the airline president (Compass I guess) put a 3 month freeze on flows. I guess this is a provision available to them? Anyone hearing anything along those lines?
Quote: Had a Compass guy on the JS that indicated that the airline president (Compass I guess) put a 3 month freeze on flows. I guess this is a provision available to them? Anyone hearing anything along those lines?
Why would they need to do that? Staffing issues?
A pilot, other than a furloughed Northwest pilot, who accepts flow up to Northwest may be held at Compass for up to three (3) months beyond his Northwest class date due to operational constraints at Compass, provided that Northwest Airlines has agreed that his Northwest system seniority date and EDAP at Northwest shall be the same dates as if he had commenced training on his original Northwest class date.
we do use jep charts. The efb's are not operational at this time. Most people think they should never be turned on. I have never used one but I have heard they are not very reliable. They are also located in a very unusable place in the flight deck.

Interviews are scheduled for next week. Two days, first in ATL and the Second in MSP. Sorry I don't have any more details than that.
Apparently Compass management believes that "operational constraints" gives them cover to put off hiring until the last possible moment, then delay everyone's class dates by 3 months. I disagree. The first non-check airman who gets held back should file a grievance.
EFB's have NOS. Talked to compass fed, he said the EFBs have to have hardware updates, software updates, and compass has to find a new place to put them because he was not going to approve it where they are currently placed. That means an STC and a re-design by Embrear. EFBs are dead.

As for the flow. No reason to hold anyone back. They had enough notice that delta was going to be taking our people. They should have planned accordingly.
14  54  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  74  114  164  564 
Page 64 of 942
Go to