Eagle Life

Subscribe
223  273  313  319  320  321  322  323  324  325  326  327  333  373  423 
Page 323 of 610
Go to
Quote: Word to the wise:

Most people's definiton of nice is far from reality. I live in Dallas and most areas around DFW I wouldn't feel safe pumping gas in my car at night. I live 30 minutes from D/FW and pay 1,200/month for an upscale 2 bedroom/2 bathroom.

I recently had to move from where I used to pay $900/month for the same square footage because the area took a nose dive. So it's not as great around here as some would make it seem.

Dallas is getting just as expensive as anywhere else unless you want to live in an undesirable area.
You aren't in the right part of Dallas then. I pay just slightly more than that for a 3 bedroom house with a pool, and my female neighbors run outside after dark every night.

I'm about 15-20 mins east of DFW in North Dallas.
nice 2br apt will run 1000 bucks in dfw... and in nice areas. Lewisville is a great apartment area and only 5-10 minutes from dfw airport.
anyone in the MIA area know anything about homestead/kendell and going to that south area?? Any ideas of places to look, seems cheaper, but cheaper might not always be better...
1600sq ft 2 bed in Las Colinas $1800....pretty nice pad parking garage with a private 2 car inside!
Quote: Just buy man, just buy....
Don't know if i'm gonna stay in the DFW area or go back east. I admit, i'm getting raped and I wanna do it, just don't know when. Maybe a year after my upgrade.
$1.25ish per sq ft seems normal for south fl rent
Quote: anyone in the MIA area know anything about homestead/kendell and going to that south area?? Any ideas of places to look, seems cheaper, but cheaper might not always be better...
thats where i live, its decent. 17 miles door to door, 20 mins. i bid lines that dont include rush hour
Quote: thats where i live, its decent. 17 miles door to door, 20 mins. i bid lines that dont include rush hour
What town? How much for rent and what size place? Hows crime? Do you feel safe? Feel free to pm it if you dont want to post it.
Not to take away from Rick's apartment search but does anyone know how a relief line works?

I didn't find anything on jetnet.
Quote: Not to take away from Rick's apartment search but does anyone know how a relief line works?

I didn't find anything on jetnet.

Its ok, I need to stop eating up the thread, its just a nightmare trying to find somewhere right now, and the worst part is they like to do things last second down there. Up north things are cheaper, a few months out, and people want to rent things as early as soon as they know its going to be vacant. Down in South Florida, the apt complex's use this software that jacks up the price, and a week before something is up for rent it lowers the price. I my lease sends at the end of Sept, so if for some reason I cant get something I will be in big trouble.

With the growth of the base down there, I hope all my frustrations and posting on here, does help someone else down the road, I have posted/got posted back at, with great info, that would have been a huge help when I first started looking.

With a composite/relief line, you still typically get 11 days off a month, but you know your sched the just before the month starts (after all the open time and trip trade windows close). If they have enough stuff left to build you an entire month, you will have a schedule all month of flying. However if not, you may have a few days on reserve. I think you still have to call scheduling to get released when you return from every trip.
223  273  313  319  320  321  322  323  324  325  326  327  333  373  423 
Page 323 of 610
Go to