Citation II/SII/Bravo/Serria Super II

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 8
Go to
Was looking for any personal information on the above aircraft and which model to go with.

Does anyone know of any good sites to further research the differences?

TIA
I have flown the 2 and the bravo. I never flew the s-2 but have been told to stay away from them. My choice is the Bravo
Cessna Citation Forum

http://www.blogger.com/profile/03531849526542668092
I second the Bravo. They fixed all of the quirks of the earlier models. The performance is better, the flight deck is well put-together, and the performance is great. But, that's MY 2 cents.

Lax
Citation II, fine airplane, freon air a must, some get pretty heavy with age
SII, think it handles best of the bunch, lots of TKS issues and FOD on engines
from ingested ice
Bravo, newer systems, higher landing speeds.
Super SII, probably a good airplane, however I flew a converted Hawker 1AF
for a few years and you have to remember everything except the
engines are old.
If money wasn't a factor I would go with the Bravo.
Currently flying Sovereigns and Encore+
Dave
Have you considered the 560? The straight 5 is a great airplane. The cabin is longer than the 550, nice for the leg room in the last row of seats. Faster than the Bravo. 410kts vs the Bravo's 390kts. Burns more fuel, but can probably be had cheaper. Good luck with the search. Lots of people with Citation knowledge on this board. Ask away and Im sure you will get lots of useful answers.
Of all the planes listed above, I'd personally go with the Bravo.

That said, a V or Ultra could be had for marginally more $$$ these days and would be better even still.
Forget the SII. TKS system is a huge PITA and may actually get you grounded in the winter, depending on where you take the airplane. No experience on the others mentioned.
I forgot also with the bravo, engine overhaul's are major expensive. We got rid of ours before the second overhaul came due just for that reason.
Quote: That said, a V or Ultra could be had for marginally more $$$ these days and would be better even still.
Agree. The V has better performance all the way around.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 8
Go to