New United/Continental "Livery" (Picture)

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to
I live near Boeing's 737 factory in Renton, WA.

For several weeks now, there have been about 6 737's in the work area, all with Continental tails, but no other distinguishing marks on the fuselage.

Perhaps related to this new paint scheme?
Quote: I live near Boeing's 737 factory in Renton, WA.

For several weeks now, there have been about 6 737's in the work area, all with Continental tails, but no other distinguishing marks on the fuselage.

Perhaps related to this new paint scheme?
No that's because the seat maker Koito rubberstamped all approvals and faked crash and burn testing on their seats. CAL has Koito seats for their 73N so no signoff on the AC.

It's just strange how the whole Koito controversy has been swept under the rug for the installed in-use seats....

Must have too big of an impact on the bottom line to ground those planes.

BTW this is not just CAL the Koito seat scandal hits almost a third of all airlines...

Cheers
George
It seems is the best of both worlds!
If the Delta pilots can be seen in public flying this, then I have no problem flying what United throws on the ramp.

Just give "US" the contract we deserve and reign in the scope.
Quote: If the Delta pilots can be seen in public flying this, then I have no problem flying what United throws on the ramp.

Just give "US" the contract we deserve and reign in the scope.
Hey hey hey... don't be badmouthin' Bubbles, Blossom and Buttercup... They were quite the hit.
Quote: I think its a big mistake taking the United name, in Latin America which is probably COs most profitable route network, United is just another word in the English language, nobody even has a clue that that airline exist. They are gonna have to spend some serious marketing $$$$ in LatAm before they change the name.
I doubt the paint cost savings is the whole reason for keeping the CAL logo and livery. They probably paid some consultants meeeelions of dollars to tell them that CAL customers and employees will feel a little more reassured about the merger with a set up like this.

Passengers who don't know CAL will recognize the United name. Those who don't know United will recognize the Continental logo and livery.

Overall, this is most likely a temporary change. I would expect in a few years after the certificates are combined and the operation is smoothed out we will see a new livery and perhaps even a new logo. Maybe even sooner than that.
Just so long as they stay legal and put "operated by GoJet Airlines" near the front door....

...I'm kidding...

X
Quote:
Hands down....+1 on this mock up. Now that is impressive......has my vote.

That would even make Bligh proud!

BTW....."MAY" want to correct the "CONTINENAL" Spelling in the reflection before giving it to upper mgt ;-)
"United" at least needs to be in all caps...
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to