Atlas Air Hiring

Subscribe
715  1215  1615  1665  1705  1711  1712  1713  1714  1715  1716  1717  1718  1719  1725  1765  1815 
Page 1715 of 2044
Go to
Hot off the press. Southern parking 737s. Unable to staff them!
This is only the beginning. 777s predicted to be parked by end of summer. May want to consider somewhere else!
Don’t want to come here to be furloughed later.
Quote: Hot off the press. Southern parking 737s. Unable to staff them!
This is only the beginning. 777s predicted to be parked by end of summer. May want to consider somewhere else!
Don’t want to come here to be furloughed later.
Fake news... at least for now...
Was in MIA for RGT/PC early May. There were a number of rumors floating around there as usual. One was Atlas spooling up the 777 program again and another type (A330/other). Maybe they are planning on doing some whipsawing again or just get rid of Southern due to the merger problems. Of course, this came from rumor central in MIA.
Southern is a problem - the 66 million dollar men offered a slightly pay bump to try and fix the glitch.

I'm sure they have contingency plans - none of which are getting a new CBA.

It's unfortunate- I had high hopes years ago upon hiring - now many of us are over it and actively making our way to other ailrines.

Even the regionals are offering more than Atlas.
Likely not anyone's intent, but let's make sure we don't say anything that could be misinterpreted as bashing our Southern brothers. They are putting up with much worse than we are and many are holding the line better than many of us. IMO, Southern is not a problem. Management's approach to the Southern acquisition and contract disparity is the problem. Either way, this is a ******* show.
Hello, I received an email stating that I'd been placed on the preferential hiring list. Is anyone able to explain what exactly that means? I have availability in one month and haven't really heard anything since.

Is there an average time from the preferential email to notification of a class date?
Quote: Likely not anyone's intent, but let's make sure we don't say anything that could be misinterpreted as bashing our Southern brothers. They are putting up with much worse than we are and many are holding the line better than many of us. IMO, Southern is not a problem. Management's approach to the Southern acquisition and contract disparity is the problem. Either way, this is a ******* show.
Well said. It’s everyone’s responsibility to hold the line. No excuses.
Quote: Likely not anyone's intent, but let's make sure we don't say anything that could be misinterpreted as bashing our Southern brothers. They are putting up with much worse than we are and many are holding the line better than many of us. IMO, Southern is not a problem. Management's approach to the Southern acquisition and contract disparity is the problem. Either way, this is a ******* show.
* meaning SA is a problem for the business man. Not us.
Quote: Fake news... at least for now...
Union did update, I wouldn’t exactly say fake news.

Flights WERE CANCLED DUE TO LACK OF STAFF. I don’t know how they covered them. THey could of been moved to one of our competitors, likely ATI (lowest bidder scab airline) That said it doesn’t change the facts they can’t staff 737s because of the absolute $#!t pay and ZERO work rules. 777s to follow for the same reason I’m sure here at some point soon.
Quote: Union did update, I wouldn’t exactly say fake news.

Flights WERE CANCLED DUE TO LACK OF STAFF. I don’t know how they covered them. THey could of been moved to one of our competitors, likely ATI (lowest bidder scab airline) That said it doesn’t change the facts they can’t staff 737s because of the absolute $#!t pay and ZERO work rules. 777s to follow for the same reason I’m sure here at some point soon.
Also fake news... the union did not "update". Per the post, which the original was deleted BTW... "GC Comms is not the union and therefore, unofficial at all times."

Thus Fake News...

Yes there is a staffing problem at SA, but they have still been able to hire about half as many people YTD as they did all last year. Therefore, they are on pace to hire same # in theory. The question is how many will leave and how will they staff the new 777 they just acquired? If they cannot hire enough to staff the new 777 IMO they will park a 737 and transition 737 pilots to staff the 777. Since the 767 and 737 service a certain customer that owns 49% of Polar I would bet the lost 737 capacity is absorbed by the 767 side of the house.
715  1215  1615  1665  1705  1711  1712  1713  1714  1715  1716  1717  1718  1719  1725  1765  1815 
Page 1715 of 2044
Go to