Atlas Air Hiring

Subscribe
799  1299  1699  1749  1789  1795  1796  1797  1798  1799  1800  1801  1802  1803  1809  1849  1899 
Page 1799 of 2044
Go to
Quote: Is there hiring for the 737 right now?
Upcoming new hire classes are planned as below:

August 9
August 30

August 2

July 26
August 23

August 16
Quote: Upcoming new hire classes are planned as below:

August 9
August 30

August 2

July 26
August 23

August 16
Thanks

filler
Is it true that for July only 33% of new hires actually finished ground school? Apparently it was a mix of people either not showing up at all or leaving before ground school was over.

Can anyone confirm?
Quote: Is it true that for July only 33% of new hires actually finished ground school? Apparently it was a mix of people either not showing up at all or leaving before ground school was over.

Can anyone confirm?
No it is not true.
For example, July 19th had 1 no-show.

Are the classes full? No. But saying half of people did not show is not accurate.
In the past few months, the people who did not finish ground school mostly went to UPS and United.
If you don't show up, how are you supposed to finish ground school
They’ve lost as many pilots as is reported, can’t fill classes.. yet my qualified app sits without being answered… and surely hundreds or thousands of other people’s as well..
are they overwhelmed in the recruiting dept or just trying to make life hard on themselves?
Quote: They’ve lost as many pilots as is reported, can’t fill classes.. yet my qualified app sits without being answered… and surely hundreds or thousands of other people’s as well..
are they overwhelmed in the recruiting dept or just trying to make life hard on themselves?
We're not struggling to fill seats on the line. Not yet, anyway. Not if open time trips are an indicator of anything. Whether this information is being sent to some news sites for a reason or because some individual just got a stray idea is interesting, but doesn't really matter.

As for not hiring qualified pilots, this industry behaves mysteriously. I share your frustrations.
Quote: They’ve lost as many pilots as is reported, can’t fill classes.. yet my qualified app sits without being answered… and surely hundreds or thousands of other people’s as well..
An internal rec seems to be a quick trigger for a resume review. Have you tried that?
I had two internal recs, and I got called for a phone screening within a week of applying.
Quote: We're not struggling to fill seats on the line. Not yet, anyway. Not if open time trips are an indicator of anything. Whether this information is being sent to some news sites for a reason or because some individual just got a stray idea is interesting, but doesn't really matter.

As for not hiring qualified pilots, this industry behaves mysteriously. I share your frustrations.
Idk who you haven't been talking to. But I've been on the phone with a few friendly schedulers who are exhausted trying to fix all the flights. The resignations and lack if crew has been mentioned specifically by two of the three. We are having a staffing issue already.
799  1299  1699  1749  1789  1795  1796  1797  1798  1799  1800  1801  1802  1803  1809  1849  1899 
Page 1799 of 2044
Go to