Atlas Air Hiring

Subscribe
156  556  606  646  652  653  654  655  656  657  658  659  660  666  706  756  1156  1656 
Page 656 of 2045
Go to
Any recent calls going out to folks? Atlas is still my #1, but I've yet to hear anything, and its been 3 years of applying and going to fairs and applying even more! Je suis resolute, and I want Atlas!
Quote: Anyone know if its possible to print this entire thread without having to click print page 654 times???
Above the first message on the page, Thread Tools -> Show printable version. Then click the Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page link and now you'll only have to click print page 164 times.
It's more efficient to just read it and take notes.
No call as of yet. Keeping the line open!
Again, like many times before: Thanks to many Giant Line Pilots for the wealth of information.

This continues to be the most positive Pilots-Helping-Pilots thread out there. KYTBrd, your summaries and thread index continue to help many----cheers.

Good luck again, my scuba gear is ready to use for swimming.
Just sent my stuff in... only question I have is whether home basing (SE Asia) is an option or are you required to live in domicile?
Quote: Just sent my stuff in... only question I have is whether home basing (SE Asia) is an option or are you required to live in domicile?
This is a major point that has been covered numerous times (and this is something you want to understand thoroughly if called for a phone interview). We have Gateway travel - company buys you a ticket from the closest Gateway airport within the U.S. All major airports are on the list, as well as numerous smaller airports, but if you live in, say, Telluride, you might have to drive to Denver. Also, if you're being sent to your crew base, you are liable for the tax on the value of the ticket. If you choose to live abroad, it's on you to get to an airport within the U.S., company will buy you a ticket from there.
HNL and ANC are gateways if you can make it there via a jumpseat from Asia...and then you can get an airline ticket to your base or your first point on your trip.

However, if you can get to ANC, you can also connect with many flights each week that go to CVG, ORD, JFK, and LAX...etc.

Good luck.
Is the company flexible on this at all? By this I mean it is often cheaper to buy a ticket which goes NRT-LAX than ANC-LAX. Will they look at the cost in this situation or is it an absolute necessity to originate in the US?
Quote: Is the company flexible on this at all? By this I mean it is often cheaper to buy a ticket which goes NRT-LAX than ANC-LAX. Will they look at the cost in this situation or is it an absolute necessity to originate in the US?
The reason for having a contract is so that there is one set of rules, not everyone making their own...remember, they run an airline for the benefit of their customers and the return on investment of the shareholders...not the convenience of employees. Home basing is a pretty nice thing, but being offshore is your decision and responsibility.
156  556  606  646  652  653  654  655  656  657  658  659  660  666  706  756  1156  1656 
Page 656 of 2045
Go to