Omni Air

Subscribe
5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  19  59  109 
Page 9 of 435
Go to
Quote:
Omni Air Mediation to Begin in Washington

Mediation over the open sections of the contract for the pilots and flight engineers of Omni Air International are scheduled to begin on Monday, March 21st in Washington, DC at the National Mediation Board. Areas of discussion will include Compensation, Medical and Retirement benefits and Scope, as well as some work rule areas and accruals. International Representatives Captain Rick Dubinsky and Captain Scott Hegland will be in attendance for the Airline Division. Omni crewmembers will be represented by ExCo Chairman Flight Engineer Clark Cameron and Captain Charles Wallace, assisted by IBT Benefits Expert Hemet Beery and Business Agent John Herron. The mediation session will conclude March 25th.

Airline Division News, Week Ending March 19, 2011 | International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT)

Anybody know what the union is asking for in regards to pay compensation and work rules?
Quote: Anybody know what the union is asking for in regards to pay compensation and work rules?
The details are all pretty hush-hush (i.e., not even the pilot group really has details). It'll have to be a hell of a lot better than it is now for us to ratify a TA, though.
This is pretty cool ... congrats to everyone involved!

Omni Air International Receives IOSA Registration -- TULSA, Okla., March 21, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
What exactly does "higher set of internationally-recognized standards mean"?
Quote: What exactly does "higher set of internationally-recognized standards mean"?
IOTA can be more strict in someways then FAA as to regs for airlines
Quote: There is a new Ad for B767 and DC10 F/O's on Climbto350. Minimums listed are 2,000 TT and 1,000 PIC with ATP written passed.
I dropped my script to 350 because about 80% of the ads are bull$hit. I know someone who pretended to be an employer on 350 and he got about 200 responses within 48 hours and no one from 350 ever called to verify any of the information. I believe they are connected to Aeroservices in MIA that advertises for job fairs and when you get there most of the airlines advertised are not in attendance, JMHO.
I interviewed last week. They were fussing that their mailboxes had hundreds of e-mails because someone who was not them had put up an ad on 350.
Quote: I interviewed last week. They were fussing that their mailboxes had hundreds of e-mails because someone who was not them had put up an ad on 350.
Did you get the job?

I too have heard that they are not the one putting the job on the orange site.
Yeah, they offered me a slot. Swimmin' in th' pool, now.

They said they were backed up due to a lack of check airmen for IOE and that we could expect a call in 3-4 months.
Quote: Yeah, they offered me a slot. Swimmin' in th' pool, now.

They said they were backed up due to a lack of check airmen for IOE and that we could expect a call in 3-4 months.

WOW! That's quite the wait. I wonder why they are even interviewing with wait periods that long. I would imagine a lot of things could change with a candidate in that time period.

How many did they tell you were in the pool ahead of you?
5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  19  59  109 
Page 9 of 435
Go to